Your Cricket do u like to be a captain of a team?

Abishak11

International Coach
you can discus here about ur captain ship experiences

My Experience is i was been a captain for two years
my best whitewash the juniors in 20-20 series defeated a college groups and won rs 1000

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I was the captain of school team we won above 95% of matches among other schools and clubs.

Little Punter

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I captained my under 13 side for a season and was by far the most enjoyable season of cricket in my life. I didn't have a big season from a performance point of view but I always put in 110% at training and on the field to make up for my lack of "lead by example". I know it sounds too serious for junior cricket but playing alongside my mates and feeling like they respect me was a great feeling. Now that I am playing senior cricket, it is a personal ambition for me to captain a side but being only 17, it is hard for me to get the respect I would need and most of the grumpy old blokes wouldn't want to get told what to do by me.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
Pretty much my best game ever was one where I was skipper. I took a couple of wickets, took a full-length diving catch at silly point (and bagged a diamond duck - triggered). After that game, the regular skipper knew that he could have my support, because I also tactically led a weak side to beat the eventual league winners. It was the only game they lost all season. Great memories.

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
When i enjoyed the responsibility of leading my club team and my college team i enjoyed runs too. My average climbed very high during my captaincy.

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
a proud fan of M.S.Dhoni

Hmmm! Something similar happened with you that happened with M.S.D. too.
("My average climbed very high during my captaincy.")

----------

I was captain of my class team. In 7th. Loosed in final of school cricket competition against our rivals 7th 'A'. Though luck as a captain for me. Couldn't focused on my batting and bowling. I left it then.

Last edited:

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Hmmm! Something similar happened with you that happened with M.S.D. too.
("My average climbed very high during my captaincy.")

----------

I was captain of my class team. In 7th. Loosed in finall of school cricket competition against our rivals 7th 'A'. Though luck as a captain for me. Couldn't focused o my batting and bowling. I left it then.

Yup. I got a number of man of the match awards too. I opened the innings but still had a number of not outs etc...;)

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
Seriously no. My bowling tends to get better and it gets the other way round for my batting when I am leading a team. I am supposed to be a batsman who can bowl a bit and not being able to bat good hurts our team a tad.

Users who are viewing this thread