Domestic Cricket in Associate Nations

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Excellent, I'll use that to look after the Wikipedia pages. A really strong squad that, not quite sure what they'll be looking at for their final XI, but it has to be something like:

Ben Ackland
John Anderson
Andrew Balbirnie
Andrew Poynter
Kevin O'Brien :c: :bwl:
Alex Cusack :bwl:
John Mooney :bwl:
Trent Johnston :bwl:
Stuart Poynter :wk:
Max Sorensen :bwl:
Albert van der Merwe :bwl:

That's going to be very tough to beat, and should be something of a window into the domestic strength of Ireland even with plaers unavailable because of county commitments. Let's wait and see what the North and North West come up with, but I'd pencil Leinster in as favourites.

Aislabie

Ireland
Also, I've completed the first of a set of three Facebook covers for those who feel like showing their support to one of the teams. All logos are concept logos, though, as nothing has been released officially.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Leinster Cover.png
    Leinster Cover.png
    75.7 KB · Views: 116

Aislabie

Ireland
Couple more squads out, neither of them can really compete with Leinster for depth. Doesn't mean they won't win - one team will almost always be stronger than eleven individuals.

Aislabie

Ireland
It varies I think. Leinster would probably hold their own in the scrap at the bottom of the County Championship, but the others are more Minor Counties I think.

If they could borrow back their county players, that would be different though.

troll3y

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Sri Lanka
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
At the moment, the Interpros do not have 'major' status, which would mean that its matches would count as First Class, List A and Twenty20 games. However, without this status, and without the availability of county cricketers such as Will Porterfield, there will be all the more opportunity for young players ... to show their worth.
I'm not sure why, but no matter how many times I read this excerpt, I still don't know what you're trying to say. The Interpros will be classed as FC, LA, and T20... right? Either way, what bearing would that have on young players' opportunities?

Last edited:

Aislabie

Ireland
They won't have that status, which means that the county players won't be playing, which means that more young players will. Sorry if it's a bit ambiguous, it was written late at night :thumbs

dancingmongoose

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Even the CC database doesn't have half the players, seeing as half the players don't have cricinfo profiles

Users who are viewing this thread