MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Okay - here's a thread to basically discuss this and to get to some organising on creating the domestic teams we would need at the lower grades.

It's implemented in game at release, we admittedly do not have experts that know the lower grades of Cricket outside of England and Australia, for that we will have some reliance on what people put into the Academy.

What I think the first aim would be is to get someone who is really well aware of the structure in their country's domestic cricket to explain the competitions and the levels of play.

Then basically go into the cricket academy and see if all the options are there to create the tournament structure and the match types that are played. A screenshot of all the boxes ticked will probably have to do as we can't share those yet.

Hopefully here we can see if there's any obvious issues to making them, and see if it's too late to get fixed before release or if it can make it into a patch without much trouble.

Once we're at that point, basically break that out into new threads (we might have a sub-forum for it) and get people who are willing to start working on creating the teams - even if at first that's just having all the teams themselves so people have something to download into what's there in the game on release - even if names/faces aren't all correct yet.

[gsheet]0ApIFcRu-qtOvdE1YckMxMUFSZzh0eFZVTU5rY2cwWkE[/gsheet]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...MxMUFSZzh0eFZVTU5rY2cwWkE&usp=drive_web#gid=0

Hi MattW this is a great thread. I have got some extensive information regarding domestic circuits in various countries based on my personal interest.
I have made full Pakistan Domestic teams and tried my level best to make the players physical appearance look similar to the players in reality. It took me nearly a month to make all Pakistani domestic teams which means i have made more than 400 players based on Pakistan 14 domestic teams that competes in three different formats.
I am also working on creating other leagues too. In the tournament designer or creator there is no option to make groups so that's why i am waiting for the game when it is released then there are noncustomizble tournaments with groups . I will share these teams soon. Kind regards.

Before I try the search engine, can anyone confirm if the career structure is same for other states as in Tamil Nadu with 5 divisions, lowest being V? Over here players can play both for the state and division(I or II). Ranji being the topmost level at state(test matches) and Irani happens between Ranji trophy winners and Rest Of India team.
Some IPL players haven't played Ranji Trophy but are selected for limited overs cricket and from there have got a chance in Ranji and finally get a chance to play international test matches.

As the structure is not linear, my question is can you play international and state at the same time until you become the level-5 player?

For career mode of a player we need to create seasons involving teams not just tournament because a player has to play in all 3 formats
For India:
First Class-
Ranji Trophy :
27 Domestic Teams
3 Groups(A,B,C) 9 Teams each - C for Weaker Teams
2 From C & 3 each from A & B
Group matches - 4 Days ; KO-5 Days
Duleep Trophy:
5 Zones(N,E,W,S,C) - 1 QF ,2 SF & Final
Irani Trophy:
RoI vs Ranji Champions
Apart from these List A also has similar structure
And a domestic T20 Tournament apart from IPL
Most of these are Not Possible to create with CA Tournament Creators

South African structure:
One-day tournament:40 overs, Miway cup(last season not sure on this season)
Frist-class tournament:Sunfoil series,4 day( Not sure on full name but sponsor is Sunfoil)
T20 tournament : RAM SLAM T20( 100% sure

^^^^
Wouldn't career mode follow a similar structure for all teams/nations? I am assuming only the teams will change depending on which country you want to start the career mode in, but the structure of the career games and the no. of games played in each career mode should remain fairly consistent else how do you rank players across the career modes?

Needs to be an "immigrate from South Africa" step in there somewhere for England players...

Guys just make sure you all dont over rate domesric players, or else it will become highly unreliable.. :)

ok...so this is the list of teams that play domestic cricket country-wise. Green indicates that the team is available on CA, either user-created or by BigAnt Studios as default teams.

I am poor at player creation, so basically this is all I have to offer

Attachments

• Domestic Circuit.xlsx
    13.5 KB · Views: 129
I seriously hope BA gives a patch for CA or even a paid DLC later sometime to make it possible to create the domestic cricket structure of every major cricketing nation. The career mode would seem a bit odd otherwise.

Wonder how the career mode starts in the game out of the box without tweaking the teams? No domestic teams for IND, PAK etc so do we straight away jump to the international level?

Edit: I take back those last lines on career mode as I hadn't read the statements Ross had made earlier in the day.

Last edited:
ok...so this is the list of teams that play domestic cricket country-wise. Green indicates that the team is available on CA, either user-created or by BigAnt Studios as default teams.

I am poor at player creation, so basically this is all I have to offer

Jas that is fantastic - well done

--------------

Ireland have:
Leinster Lightning
Northern Knights
North West Warriors

3 day competition (not yet first class status)
40 over comp (don't know if it's list a)
20 over comp

will research exact format of each comp and get back.

not to turn this into a q&a, but just wondering in case of whether it's necessary - ross, can we pursue an associate career? i.e. is it worth researching the world cricket league and intercontinental cup etc.?

Last edited:
As well as adding Ireland's competition in, I have uploaded the spreadsheet to google docs as a public document. This means that we can edit the cells whenever we complete or add another competition. Of course, I will take it down if JasXI doesn't want it to be up there.

This is the link to it, hopefully it works.

It's implemented in game at release, we admittedly do not have experts that know the lower grades OTHER THEN England and Australia, for that we will have some reliance on what people put into the Academy.
Fixed

Users who are viewing this thread