Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

This game has been hyped up by the public so much my feeling has always been that it was going to cop flak on release.

Like any new product that is launched it's only once it gets out into the public domain that you get real feedback. You can test in-house or with focus groups till the cows come home but nothing can ever ready you for the crazy stuff that Joe Bloggs will do.

I reckon that in 6 months or so, once Ross has had some real world feedback and the game has been patched once or twice, we'll get a really well refined experience. Especially when it comes to AI and how it responds to cricketing situations.

For me the game has always been about the single player experience. I don't have that much time in the evenings to play so when I do, I like it to be on my own terms.

That said I suspect the online experience is where you will get the best cricket experience from the title as you cut out the AI and have actual people making decisions.

No no. Forget about the previous games. Bowling is a lot of fun. And, this is coming from a guy who used to simulate bowling in previous games. The 2nd T20 I played, I won the toss and selected bowling, not necessarily because of the pitch but because I enjoyed bowling the complete 20 overs so much in the first.

There is no green marker to indicate anything. You might bowl a perfect ball, and the batsman will thrash it for 4. And you might bowl a poor, poor ball, and get a wicket.

It really does need a fix, just not sure how it can be done if they want to keep standardised attributes.
Scaling? Have a set total of attribute points per player, and then if the team as a whole goes over that, they are then all rated down proportionally. So better players will still be better, but the team as a whole wouldn't be stronger.

Scaling? Have a set total of attribute points per player, and then if the team as a whole goes over that, they are then all rated down proportionally. So better players will still be better, but the team as a whole wouldn't be stronger.

Whatever it is, I just don't want to see Matt Prior and Alex Hales bowling :thumbs

Maybe some of these problems are with ps3 version only?

Just wondering

Hey Guys,

@imhassan I was just wanting to know, what your favourite game mode has been so far :) :yes ;) Thanks

Jamo

Matt, probably explains why you didn't get a bowl when playing career mode back in November at the play session??

Career mode issue is a biggie, no doubt. If possible, maybe Ross/HBK should give us a work-around to enjoy the career mode as much as possible till the time a patch is out.

Here is the half century celebration: Instagram

There is also a 50 partnership celebration where the batsmen meet in the middle of the pitch for a fist bump. Haven't been able to record that yet.

Hey Guys,

@imhassan I was just wanting to know, what your favourite game mode has been so far :) :yes ;) Thanks

Jamo

I think test matches are my favorite for now..

In my personal opinion, just scrap the whole rating system and if people are going to exploit it, people are going to exploit it. I personally don't give a shit about any leaderboard, I am playing for my personal enjoyment, and in career mode, considering the fact that I envision this to be the mode I play most, I want to play with and against the players and teams I skilled to my liking. Reasons like this are why I hate standardising skills. I understand why you would online, and it's one of the many reasons I never play online, but not for offline use. For offline use I expect to be able to personalise it precisely the way I want.

53 off 14? I hope that is the lowest difficulty level?

Yes, it is at Rookie level. A friend was playing so had to give him the lowest settings :) He loves the game and will be buying it too.

That should tell you how good the game is that even enthusiast gamers are sold on it.

Users who are viewing this thread