Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

imhassan

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Is this more in Tests? Been playing a view ODI's and they do mix it up quite a lot, played against Australia and got short balls from Johnson, in/outswing.

Perhaps it depends on conditions how the bowlers bowl. But in most matches, F5, T10/T20 and Test matches too, I've noticed the trend of bowlers straying down the leg side.

DeadShot

Club Captain
Looks like this game is not for the impatient ones :). My friend called me up and said he broke his controller after playing few matches in career mode.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
I have started a new career as a number 3 batsmen. I have reconciled with the fact I can never be good at front foot/back foot movement. My reflexes are just not good enough.

The reflexes required to bat, especially against fast and fast-medium bowlers, is just a little too demanding. it just needs to be eased up a bit - say give us an extra 0.5 - 1.0 second notification of bowler length (and even line).

Maybe that seems a bit too much like going back to a pitch marker, but I don't think so. We need help.

I recommend having a career mode in the Amateur difficulty. Just make it offline so records won't go to the online leaderboard. :)

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The reflexes required to bat, especially against fast and fast-medium bowlers, is just a little too demanding. it just needs to be eased up a bit - say give us an extra 0.5 - 1.0 second notification of bowler length (and even line).

Maybe that seems a bit too much like going back to a pitch marker, but I don't think so. We need help.

I recommend having a career mode in the Amateur difficulty. Just make it offline so records won't go to the online leaderboard. :)

I am thinking perhaps we have a career mode option to begin at 16, 21, 26, or 31 years old, that way the leaderboards are fine but the game is easier as you start older as they will have the "appropriate" stats/attributes.

----------

Looks like this game is not for the impatient ones :). My friend called me up and said he broke his controller after playing few matches in career mode.

I knew I should have purchased shares in a controller manufacturer...

imhassan

Club Captain

I don't remember any other game which makes you use the analogue sticks in such a way. I just hope my console's controllers are strong enough.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
I am thinking perhaps we have a career mode option to begin at 16, 21, 26, or 31 years old, that way the leaderboards are fine but the game is easier as you start older as they will have the "appropriate" stats/attributes.

----------

If you change the age Ross is it still 20 years, so if i start 31 i go to 51. Anyway i think it's a great idea.:thumbs

smasta

Club Captain

Career mode even 10 runs are very satisfying and this seems good idea, and with fielders becoming more realistic with patch will boost this further, :thumbs but even in other mode pro difficulty battling is slightly tough. Scoring 100 runs with whole team even without hitting a single aggressive shot is very daunting task and gets annoying. :(
I know I suck in this game as till now I scored only 1 half century and highest team score 201.

So if I say difficulty at amateur is 0 and pro is 1. Making pro around 0.6 to 0.75 will really make this more fun. :D

Last edited:

glenny134

Club Captain
Wouldnt think so...unless you end up crap at 51 haha

On another note Ive never been so happy to be bowled, playing in pro mode, got hit on the pads outside off so no trouble there, turn around(in first person still) and see the ball just roll into my stumps and the bails ever so gently fall off, what great physics!!

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors

Or may be we are too darn old for this kind of thing :(

Toecrusher

Club Captain
I know the test match video is long but this was intentional so you can see how the AI plays and how I was bowling to get them to play how they were. I hope you enjoyed it!

I'll put up the second innings play tonight. Excited to play it :D

Hi how are you getting the ball to turn like that? Any tips would be appreciated!

angad

Chairman of Consent
Just won my first match on PRO mode :spy

Here is an awesome delivery from that game:

Last edited by a moderator:

BittuGamz

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hello everyone...i have one question...is there any option to know the six distance separately after that delivery...

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
OMG!

So I turned off the commentary, was getting a bit tiresome, bumped up all the sonics and... SOUND GUY, TAKE A F'N BOW. So the "ground announcement" sound, that's not pre-packaged shit. He actually NARRATES whats going on in the match at the end of each over. "The end of the over, 134 for 3" etc etc.

BRAVO @BigAntStudios. BRA F'N VO.

zombieian

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
OMG!

So I turned off the commentary, was getting a bit tiresome, bumped up all the sonics and... SOUND GUY, TAKE A F'N BOW. So the "ground announcement" sound, that's not pre-packaged shit. He actually NARRATES whats going on in the match at the end of each over. "The end of the over, 134 for 3" etc etc.

BRAVO @BigAntStudios. BRA F'N VO.

Sounds good. I'm likely to turn the commentary off too.

Users who are viewing this thread