Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

zombieian

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I live in a smelly old kit bag under Brighton pier. My pillow is a cricket box.;)

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Another sound thing I like; When you hit a ball along the ground and its slowly moving to the boundary, the crowd slowly ramps up their excitement as it gets closer. It's especially obvious when you've been defending a few and the crowd goes really quiet. You punch one down to fine leg and it's like the crowd realises there isn't a fine leg and it's going for four!

So cool...

Sound guy deserves a pay rise.

zombieian

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Another sound thing I like; When you hit a ball along the ground and its slowly moving to the boundary, the crowd slowly ramps up their excitement as it gets closer. It's especially obvious when you've been defending a few and the crowd goes really quiet. You punch one down to fine leg and it's like the crowd realises there isn't a fine leg and it's going for four!

So cool...

Perhaps the game tester should forfeit some of his pay and give it to the sound guy?

smasta

Club Captain
On that note, I've not seen any overthrows at all... Anyone? Bueller?

Till now 3 overthows, but even though I ran 2 runs and other time 1 run the game added only 4 runs. Also commentrater says "crowd has come to see this and right from the middle of the bat etc.":noway

Guybrush Threep

Club Captain
I'm having no problems with run outs. Not sure what the fuss is about... Just hold trigger on toward the end of the run, and when non-striker watch where the batsman plays the ball and dive back depending where he hits it.

Played an ODI and my batting partner was facing with 7 runs off 2 balls remaining and blocked them out :/

smasta

Club Captain
In order to get things through quickly for the first patch - now pulled - we want to make it simple.

There will also be a slide-out indicating "Field Change" whenever the field has changed to stop you unnecessarily looking around.

Ross if you just increase the height of this batman eye camera a little bit over the batman, all the fielders will be seen perfectly. No need of putting those tags. As a solution this also is fine but brings arcade kinda feeling instead of pure cricket field which is present right now.

glenny134

Club Captain
Ross if you just increase the height of this batman eye camera a little bit over the batman, all the fielders will be seen perfectly. No need of putting those tags. As a solution this also is fine but brings arcade kinda feeling instead of pure cricket field which is present right now.

I disagree. I think its spot on, and helps the younger generation learn the fielding positions

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
No to any "arrow" or google things... The field position name is just fine, suits the look and feel of the presentation currently. You don't need some dancing elf to point out a field position, plus actually naming it "fine leg" and stuff educates people about the correct names for fielding positions, which is cool. "I hit it towards square leg" etc...

Patch-wise I'm assuming the "run out" bug is tied into the superhuman fielding currently? I think that's the cause of the problem (AI always throwing down the stumps) rather than actually not making the crease being the issue.

Batsman don't "make the crease" all the time because fielders MISS the stumps. I think turning down fielding abilities a notch so you can run quick singles a little more frequently and punch it over the infield at least once would be really important within the current build.

----------

On that note, I've not seen any overthrows at all... Anyone? Bueller?

Yep, minimalist HUD and a chance to educate people at the same time.

Overthrows are in the game, focus tests showed that they really pissed people off, especially when it cost them a game - they are very toned down but will be greater post patch because of other fielder ability changes.

Run outs will be less of an issue post patch.

If we can get the patch through this week it could be in your hands with two weeks. (No promises, but I will keep you updated as to progress.)

----------

I live in a smelly old kit bag under Brighton pier. My pillow is a cricket box.;)

Luxury! When I was 97.....

----------

So cool...

No... you had me up until that last line.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So @Ross does that mean when I hit a ball over covers head, hes not going to catch up to it and catch it everytime?

The fielding focus is on run-outs and return throws this time around - we have to get this out fast and not break the game. Too many changes without exhaustive testing could introduce bigger issues than we are trying to solve.

sohail

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Ross will edges be more frequent to slips and keeper be included in the patch?

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
If the ball moved though the air say 20% fast would that be a easy fix Ross.

----------

Ross will edges be more frequent to slips and keeper be included in the patch?

I don't think so in this patch.

Users who are viewing this thread