Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

I dont what your talking about, last night i ran a 3, then the guy at the bowlers end took the ball and whipped off the stumps, the ball flew out his hand to mid on and managed to scamper another 2, not only did it credit me 5 runs but the commentator even mentioned i ran 5.....

For me all 3 overthrows went out of boundary for 4.

Just finished a nerve breaking match and I am holding off to play another till my blood pressure comes to normal.
It was India vs SA Five 5 match and I played as India. I batted first and scored 38/3 in my innings. SA started well and they were 27/3 in 4 overs. Here comes last over with SA requiring 12 to win.

Bhuvneshwar Kumar has been chosen to bowl this over. ( I was very much worried about India's death bowling ;) )

Ball 1- Four, high in the air towards fine leg.
Ball 2 - Four, between 3rd man and deep point.
now my palms started sweating and controller started slipping in my hands.
Ball 3 - Bowled, beautiful in-swinger has fooled the batsman completely. SA 35/4 - 4 runs to win
Ball 4 - High in the air between mid-on and long on. Jadeja catches a stunner SA 35/5.
Ball 5 - straight drive to long off, easy single. AI sensed my fielder little slow in throw and thrown it to wicket-keeper and they ran another run 37/5. Last bowl 2 runs to win.
Ball 6 - toe crushing yorker and bowled SA 37/6 and I was jumping and dancing from one room to other. :yes

What an amazing AI. Incredible !! bravo @BigAntStudios :clap

Last edited:
Please any1 tell whether GT860M graphic card be useful for dbc 14 in pc?

Its more than enough for dbc14 as my 525m runs nets on high, also

Although the GTX 860M has much less memory bandwidth and computing power, it can compete with the old Kepler-based GeForce GTX 770M while drawing significantly less power. Many games of 2013/2014 (Tomb Raider or BioShock Infinite, etc.) can be played fluently in FullHD resolution and very high detail settings. However, very demanding games such as Crysis 3 or Battlefield 4 will require lower resolutions and/or details.

My to-do list of things that need fixing:
OP fielding.
OP spin.
Better blocks.
Up career batting.

Other then this I think it's all good. I know career batting will probably be easier when the other things are sorted out.

Ross if the red circle issue is sorted in the patch?

While batting sometimes the batsman just leaves the ball even when I have played the shot. Has anyone been through this kind of experience? I have been out lbw most of the time times.

While batting sometimes the batsman just leaves the ball even when I have played the shot. Has anyone been through this kind of experience? I have been out lbw most of the time times.

I did this a lot when I started playing in the nets. You are depressing the RS slightly. Hard not to do.:yes

What camera angles do people user for batting? In the CA I always used behind batsman (close) but am finding it a bit tricky in the game.

I also think that if we aren't getting a permanent radar then something needs to be done about the camera after I or my batting partner hit the ball so you immediately know whether you can run or not. At the moment the camera lag is very cumbersome to deal with.

Also, I was thinking it would be cool to simulate a heart beat in the game with vibration of the controller at pivotal moments like when going for your 50 / 100 or bowling for a hat trick or the last over of a match and you need a few runs, etc.

Also think it would be good to hear the crowd do the "whistle whistle, clap clap" chant as the bowler runs in to bowl for certain situations.

Obviously these are V2.0 ideas.

Ok thanks. I wasnt doing this past 5 days. Suddenly this is happening today. May be I am the first one to screw up the controller while playing this game. Ill clean it up and check.

I hope not. Pressing the RS in by mistake is quite easy to do. Other people, besides you and I, do it too.

Having been getting to grips with this in short games I started my first 50 over game last night. Batted first and got to about 100-6 off 20 overs when I saved and went to bed. Need to learn to be a bit more patient and that I don't need to try and hit scoring shots off every ball with games of that length. Need to practice blocking too - tried to block the 2nd ball of the match and accidentall pressed down on the right trigger so my batsman left a straight one and got bowled middle stump.

Most common dismissal is mis-timing a drive so it lobs to mid on for a simple catch. Think that was 5 of the wickets and the other was trying to cut the spinner and edging it to the keeper. Need to stop trying to hit every ball straight too, but any time I've tried to hit anything behind point I've edged to the keeper.

Had 2 great moments though. First was playing a cover drive which I missed and it went through to the keeper, the AI appealed for caught behind and I thought there was no noise surely I haven't edged that and it was thankfully given not out. Second was trying to drive the spinner back past the bowler, heard a distinct sound of a edge and it hit me on the pads, they appealed and Ross (!) gave me out LBW. Thought the noise was surely an edge so reviewed and both snicko and hotspot showed a massive inside egde so it was overturned. Love that this is in the game.

After the 2 wickets in the first over I had a decent partnership and had one batsman set on 42 (highest individual score I've managed with one player so far) and was eyeing up a first 50, then mistimed to mid on for an easy catch. That kind of thing makes you feel so devastated when you've worked so hard to get there, must be even worse in career mode!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread