Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

srk121

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Would like to take this opportunity and thank few people here, this might be a slightly long post, sorry mods.

First and foremost important i would like to thanks and congratulate the Team of BigAntStudios specially Ross,Mike and HBK. It has been a pleasure having you around and sharing all the information within the limits.

CA rocks specially the nets and it has been superb.

I also like to thank BarmyArmy and Mattw for all their support and hopefully you lot will carry on the same way in 2014.

Israr,Rajvsm and balkeet for all their efforts of the creation on CA.

Blockdave, Snowy and Munkeymomo for their effort on linking all the teams and players.

Last but not the least Mr Biggs for all the laugh throughout the year.

Thanks guys and HAPPY NEW YEAR!:thumbs

ChinamanSpin

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
:facepalm

Are you fishing kidding me?

Madden and Fifa have done just fine without Steam.

Hang on. Maybe you're right. They should forget about the console release and make it steam only. There's no way it will be a flop then.

Edit: Has early September been replaced with fishing for the new year?

D

Deleted member 9102

Hang on. Maybe you're right. They should forget about the console release and make it steam only. There's no way it will be a flop then.

To be fair, Madden hasn't been on PC at all since the 08 version and FIFA does fine because of it's massive established reputation...

DBC doesn't have that reputation among the general public, and Steam would give it much more publicity to boost sales, as well as providing nice features like cloud saving/fast downloads/achievements.

I'll still buy the game regardless, but for the profitability and future of the series I think Steam may be a good move, although that's Big Ant's business and I'm sure they've thought about it long and hard, and know more about the topic than I.

umosay

Club Captain

lol OK o_O Fifa is on Origin because it's EA.

Madden isn't even on PC so that's a failed argument.

Rugby Challenge 1/2 from TruBlu were on Steam so I don't see why DBC wouldn't be. I didn't mean the game will be a flop if it's not on steam

Last edited:

ChinamanSpin

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
My bad. I fail at arguments. Steam could be good. I didn't like the way that it was said it would be a "fail" if it wasn't on steam though.

NoLeName

PlanetCricket Writing Team
I'm pretty sure it is gonna be on Steam, so no need to flip your pancakes about it.

Frostyvegi

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
In my honest opinion, they will not be looking at a steam release at least until the initial burst of retail sales happen. I'm sure they have agreements in place with the distributors to not release on digital medium until a certain point as that would drastically impact retail store sales. Furthermore, games on steam are often discounted, sometimes quite dramatically.. once again not being for the good will of all parties concerned.

Plus the added threat of pirating by releasing in any digital medium.

umosay

Club Captain
In my honest opinion, they will not be looking at a steam release at least until the initial burst of retail sales happen. I'm sure they have agreements in place with the distributors to not release on digital medium until a certain point as that would drastically impact retail store sales. Furthermore, games on steam are often discounted, sometimes quite dramatically.. once again not being for the good will of all parties concerned.

Plus the added threat of pirating by releasing in any digital medium.

whattttttttt? Threat of piracy is is different how by not releasing it digitally?

How would PC digital sales impact store (console) sales??? Are you saying more people buy PC games at stores than on Steam?

and the sales are run by developers first who have to agree to it, and they are hardly a hindrance given how many copies sell to people who otherwise wouldn't buy it. Rugby Challenge was delayed on PC/Steam for a few months after console release, I really hope they don't do that with DBC, especially given all the players created thus far have been done so on PC!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread