Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

are u guys happy with the way the defensive shots work in CA? is there any timing for defending the delivery with well forward stride?

Last edited:
So you guys won't update the BARS' technology even in future iterations? As this ORS is like an update to the current DRS,,,I know we are good with BARS on DBC14

But ORS doesn't differ much from DRS in the context of a video game. In ORS the 3rd umpire essentially sits in the broadcasting van and has control over the replays and snicko and can call up replays on demand whereas earlier the umpire had to depend on the broadcaster. In the game you essentially can do the same so ORS and DRS would essentially be one and the same thing.

Last edited:
But I want to see a cramped umpire in a small broadcasting pod on the ground's premises? Just to add to the realism.

But ORS doesn't differ much from DRS in the context of a video game. In ORS the 3rd umpire essentially sits in the broadcasting van and has control over the replays and snicko and can call up replays on demand whereas earlier the umpire had to depend on the broadcaster. In the game you essentially can do the same so ORS and DRS would essentially be one and the same thing.

Ok cool, fair enough

Ross, any chance you guys want to put some light on the multiplayer/online part of the game? Specifically how tournaments work online or if it is possible to play tournaments online with 6-7 players and save the progress of the tournament.

Also i remember you said anyone we play online, their players get saved in my system. Is there a way to stop that? I hate my player section crowding up like that.

Also i remember you said anyone we play online, their players get saved in my system. Is there a way to stop that? I hate my player section crowding up like that.

I think what was meant was that you had the option of downloading the opposition's team. Don't think it is automatic

I think what was meant was that you had the option of downloading the opposition's team. Don't think it is automatic

Nope Ross mentioned the teams will be downloaded and saved in your console/system.

Why "Big Ant" Did Not Configure a Keyboard Controls ? Please Add The Controls to More popular and Usefull to the Gamers ! Thank You For Make The Game and They Tribute to Sir Don Bradman. Thanks For All Working Members. Please Consider Keyboard Controls Once Again :wave

wot?

I've had a few weeks away and while I've tried to keep up to date with these forums, since the introduction of nets this place has gone off. Rightly so. The nets are brilliant! What I liked the most is that I started batting the way I do in real life (lots of back foot pull shots), but gradually as I got more use to it I found myself trying to play more straight etc.

I can't wait for the full game and to give bowling a crack, but nets are good for now. Although, I tried to explain to the other half that it wasn't a full game and is just a demo of sorts. She just gave me a look.

Great work Ross and the rest of the Big Ant team.

Anyway, that's all for now from me, hope everybody had a great Christmas and New Year period.

PS. Bring on 5-0 to the Aussies. :thumbs

I promised the orphans we'd win just one in the series.

I hope the Aussies don't want to play the bad guys. 4-1 will be fine.:yes

Whitewash! It's going to be 5-0. Mighty Oz!

Don Bradman Cricket 14's release date might be announced on the day the Aussie captain lifts the Ashes trophy, maybe? :D

Whitewash! It's going to be 5-0. Mighty Oz!

Don Bradman Cricket 14's release date might be announced on the day the Aussie captain lifts the Ashes trophy, maybe? :D

Umm. Didn't they lift the trophy two tests ago? :-)

Why "Big Ant" Did Not Configure a Keyboard Controls ? Please Add The Controls to More popular and Usefull to the Gamers ! Thank You For Make The Game and They Tribute to Sir Don Bradman. Thanks For All Working Members. Please Consider Keyboard Controls Once Again :wave

this is the worst post that I have ever read on any internet forum ever

Users who are viewing this thread