Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Do any other sports need a change in a order? In fifa 14 you get dropped if you do bad.

The comment from Matt wasn't about going up 'the order' if you're doing well, it was going up difficulty, as opposed to going up just when you start playing in higher grade competitions.

I think it really sucks not getting up the order to bat if you do well or go down if you do bad. And choosing players in the team after becoming captain. Playing with same players is just boring sometimes. They don't even change themselves.

I think it really sucks not getting up the order to bat if you do well or go down if you do bad. And choosing players in the team after becoming captain. Playing with same players is just boring sometimes. They don't even change themselves.

Except that going up and down the order based on form isn't really how cricket works. An opener is (generally) an opener long before they hit the county/state/provincial level. The skill set is actually different from that required of a (say) number 5.

I would like it if the career mode was deeper - players retiring, new players coming in, having a lower level than county cricket to get dropped to if you don't perform (and by extension, being dropped or promoted if you're not performing), getting a chance at a higher level because of injury and so-on.

I'm not sure about getting to choose the team as captain (because, again, the captain doesn't usually get to pick the playing 11 on his own, does he), but I can see where that could be very useful - particularly in situations where my boy is batting at the same slot as someone I still want in the team. I guess I wouldn't want that one restricted to just the captain, though.

It would also be good if the "getting dropped/promoted" thing happened to other players as well.

These things, however, are very very tricky to get right. The game I play with a deep career mode (MLB: The Show) often has issues because of this kind of stuff that they have to patch - and it's the kind of stuff that's a significant cause of player complaint.

In particular in MLB, they have had issues with how long it takes for a players career player to get to the Bigs - so by the time he gets there, the established players have moved on.

A similar problem could occur here for the people who start at 16 (after patch 2) - so then the complaints become "I wanted to play my cricket with *insert favourite player here*, and they've retired/got dropped/been caught in a fixing scandal (choose one) before I got there."

I guess what I'm saying is I'd like to see all that stuff, but I'd also like the foundation of the game to be rock-solid first :)

My thoughts exactly, love the gameplay and all but career is just static and gives you no reason to play for 20 years if its just the same.

I;d like to see order changes, for example, broad bats between 8 and 10 depending on the team.

New test players usually come in at number 6, Joe Root for example started at 6, now he does 3/4. Ian Bell has done 3/5. Maybe variation for other players is too much but your own player should move around, especially since you start as a 16 year old, be nice to start as a number 6 and earn number 3 status in the national side.

You make of life what you make of it.

There are plenty of other modes for you to do Anything you like with....

Specially being an allrounder, from batting #4 position he should move to #3 or even in opening if he does well. And choosing players wouldn't have been necessary if it was happening automatic just like in Fifa games.They shows end of season new players coming in, old players retiring. That is not a huge thing but these things sure makes playing a long career more enjoyable. Obviously this game is still addicting because no other cricket game was like this, but few simple tweaks can make it enjoyable, and playing a long career needs these stuffs, otherwise people soon going to say 'when will my career will be over or this is too long' and all.

And @Dutch no offence mate but i was talking about a career mode of a player who gets to play in the same team with same players doesn't matter they are 50 years old and your batting lineup never changes. But obviously this game is still awewome but i just said what was in my mind if someone else feels the same way it's good otherwise it's cool doesn't matter i like playing this game still anyways. :thumbs:)

KP was England's best batsman: he never batted above number 4.

KP was England's best batsman: he never batted above number 4.

That's not strictly true. I seem to remember him opening in both ODI's and T20's for England. Although the point being made that the higher you bat the better the batsman you are is obviously false.

That's not strictly true. I seem to remember him opening in both ODI's and T20's for England. Although the point being made that the higher you bat the better the batsman you are is obviously false.

Pretty sure he opened in the T20 World Cup that we won. With Keiswetter?

And yeah: tactically it's important where in the order you come, but it's not really a way of saying "higher the order, the better the player"!

Cannot imagine what would have happened if Steve Waugh or Bevan had opened for Aussies just because they were better players among the other line up for an era! :rolleyes

Players getting dropped due to bad form is fine but I don't prefer my batting order to get changed. Instead this would be better - if a team's RRR is close to 6 or more RPO & overs left is less than 20, small logic to pick the next batsman based on SR who is close or more than 100, just with the captain's faith on accelerating things & turning tables. XP points can be awarded higher for any player who outperforms on such occasion.

I meant in Test Match cricket: he opened in both ODIs and T20s before "reintegration". Perhaps should have said Bradman - he was Australia's number 3, right?

Although that also shows that different players bat in different orders in different forms of the game... Best player = Opening batsman is very wrong.

On my way to E3, if there's anything anyone is particularly interested in hearing about about let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread