Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Something seems to have boosted sales of the game on PC recently - I've processed dozens of people into the downloads forum in the last week.

I wonder if the coverage of the PS4/Xbox One release has had people seeking out the PC version?

World Cup should be a huge reason for the spike. I wish more visibility of the game was created so more cricket fans can buy it. The game still has very low visibility and literally every cricket fan I've spoken to hasn't even heard of the game.

I still maintain the best way to raise awareness of the game is to have a prominent cricket celebrity (player, ex player, commentator etc.) to post the result of DBC simulation for an upcoming match on twitter, i.e. something like "According to Don Bradman Cricket West Indies should get the better of Pakistan." No matter what the result fans of either team will be on it and hopefully it will be retweeted multiple times.[DOUBLEPOST=1424440511][/DOUBLEPOST]
this game is very unrealistic

it shouldn't be possible to bowl england out for less than 120 with new zealand, and then win in ten overs.

We have been saying for ages we should be able to select difficulty level of different disciplines separately (or maybe a slider system). Thus we could bat with NZ on Rookie/Amateur and bowl with Eng on Legend just like in real world :)

Hello everyone.

Just purchased a F710 so I can return my PS3 controller back to the PS3. No worries setting it up and have done a little search about getting it to work OK, and it does on several other games. The issue I have with DBC14 is the following:
  • on home screen, DB is automatically rotating & I have to hold the right stick to stop it and,
  • in game - batting seems OK but for bowling when you look at the field the vision auto rotates to the left and I cannot select the bowl type, i.e. when I press A, X, or Y it does nothing, at least not until I've looked at the field, pressed to return to bowler view and then the A, X, Y buttons work.
Anybody have something similar to this and found a way to make the joystick work correctly?

Apologies if this has been discussed before - couldn't find any other reference.

Cheers

Hey @Ross I just wanted to let you know Tim Southee is broken after the most recent patch, he's not able to swing the ball when playing at "Wellington Stadium" and destroy the hopes and dreams of the English nation...

[HASHTAG]#PlzFix[/HASHTAG]

recently got a MacBook air, have bootcamped windows 8 and running dbc off a usb 3.0 stick - it runs better than on my pc... frigging awesome. actually getting a few extra fps and combined with smaller screen having to relearn the game :)

do desperately need patch 3 with some genuine AI batting changes - need to be able to enjoy bowling in this game. and the AI field setting issue...

I've got this weird and fun way of selecting players for my Fantasy Cricket League and that is to play the next game on DBC.

So, for the recently concluded Afghanistan vs Sri Lanka game, I selected Zadran(the tall one), Sanga and Herath.

But, what is also noteworthy is that Kusal Perera(controlled by AI), who is an attacking batsman in the game, carried the bat through the 50 overs and ended up doing a Gavaskar to me with a 48*(159). Really bamboozled but yeah, if not for Gavaskar, I would have been screaming how unrealistic this game is by now. haha :)

Hey @Ross I just wanted to let you know Tim Southee is broken after the most recent patch, he's not able to swing the ball when playing at "Wellington Stadium" and destroy the hopes and dreams of the English nation...

[HASHTAG]#PlzFix[/HASHTAG]

My game is busted too....Morgan is getting runs, actually talks sense after a game and we very nearly beat Scotland in the poule game...total junk......

Hey,
I'm playing DBC 14 on ps3. I'm looking for ONE DAY teams with the actual/current kits/uniforms. i've tried creating jerseys, but cnt get them anywhere close to the actual one. plz help if you know how to get them???

Hi guys. So I as in hospital for 3 eeks only to come back home and discovering that my ps3 and my copy of DBC14 has been stolen! To make matters worst I lost my job! It seems its going to take me months to be able to play this game again!!! [HASHTAG]#veryannoyedandangry[/HASHTAG]!!!!!!

Hi guys. So I as in hospital for 3 eeks only to come back home and discovering that my ps3 and my copy of DBC14 has been stolen! To make matters worst I lost my job! It seems its going to take me months to be able to play this game again!!! [HASHTAG]#veryannoyedandangry[/HASHTAG]!!!!!!
What happened??

Strange post mate. Good luck in the future.[DOUBLEPOST=1424679275][/DOUBLEPOST]
What happened??

It's called a real bad day, we all get them. If it helped my stomach aches after I eat and drink to much.:eek:

PS Back to the game, loving PS4 DBC.:thumbs

My game is busted too....Morgan is getting runs, actually talks sense after a game and we very nearly beat Scotland in the poule game...total junk......

I had a friend go down to Melbourne from Cairns to watch the Aussie beat the English ladies:lol last Saturday. He said he saw a drawing of the english teams balls on a wall somewhere in Melbourne, saying please pick up your balls English cricket team.:D

Users who are viewing this thread