Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK what is this black screen of death after you hit a shot.
You have to reset ps3 to play again WTF

----------

Happened 3 times now

Big Ant team better take a look at online side of things. Definitely a lot of complaints about "black screen of death" and lag in general.

Big Ant team better take a look at online side of things. Definitely a lot of complaints about "black screen of death" and lag in general.

Unplayable 5 games so far all jerky ball warping from hand to wicket keepers gloves cant do anything about it.

Unplayable 5 games so far all jerky ball warping from hand to wicket keepers gloves cant do anything about it.

It's good that I suck so bad at the game I'm stuck to playing offline. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the online issues will be resolved by the patch in time I'm good enough to play online :yes

Is the run out "glitch" a glitch or just careless players who aren't careful enough. After 70+ innings, I had initial issues with not getting back in to the crease quick enough but since then... nothing. Watching the AI bat and the type of shot they play should automatically tell the player to get back to the crease, just like real like stuff. Can't just put the controller down for a trip to the fridge whilst in the middle of an innings.

That said, fielders and bowlers are still quite remarkable with their skills and Olympian-like sprint times, haha.

The 'dive in and then go for a wander' bug definitely exists as the only wicket I took in 40 overs of chastening smashing in the field was taken with that very bug this afternoon. If the AI was a real person he'd be livid about it.

Is the run out "glitch" a glitch or just careless players who aren't careful enough. After 70+ innings, I had initial issues with not getting back in to the crease quick enough but since then... nothing. Watching the AI bat and the type of shot they play should automatically tell the player to get back to the crease, just like real like stuff. Can't just put the controller down for a trip to the fridge whilst in the middle of an innings.

That said, fielders and bowlers are still quite remarkable with their skills and Olympian-like sprint times, haha.

It is most certainly a glitch. I cant imagine how you cant have seen it. It presents itself in several ways. Most common after cancelling a run. The batmen just amble slowly back to the crease bat in the air. Also when sliding in using Y .. they dont ground their bat and/or lift the bat after making the crease.

If your suggestion is that cancelling a run is player not being careful enough and thats the correct result for such carelessness then .. you are wrong. It is very common in cricket for one batsmen to cancel a run that has already commenced. When this happens they dont just turn around and slowly walk back to the crease. They run their little asses off and quickly ground the bat.

The 'dive in and then go for a wander' bug definitely exists as the only wicket I took in 40 overs of chastening smashing in the field was taken with that very bug this afternoon. If the AI was a real person he'd be livid about it.

Ah, fair enough. Haven't experienced it yet, although I don't do much diving which may be the key to it.

.... Famous last words though, hehe!

The ball does turn a lot once you understand the rotation of the L analogue. Choosing correct delivery type before bowling in an integral part.

Can you post a video of the ball "turning a lot" ?

I get nearly 3000rpm with a national team spinner and around 1500 with my pro. I have yet to see the ball turn at all .. with the possible exception of "drift/drift and flight" balls. Why those turn I have no idea but its not much.

A 3000rpm Warnie leg break goes straight on. Thats about as big a demonstration of lack of turn as I can imagine. What are you doing so different from everyone else?

It is most certainly a glitch. I cant imagine how you cant have seen it. It presents itself in several ways. Most common after cancelling a run. The batmen just amble slowly back to the crease bat in the air. Also when sliding in using Y .. they dont ground their bat and/or lift the bat after making the crease.

If your suggestion is that cancelling a run is player not being careful enough and thats the correct result for such carelessness then .. you are wrong. It is very common in cricket for one batsmen to cancel a run that has already commenced. When this happens they dont just turn around and slowly walk back to the crease. They run their little asses off and quickly ground the bat.

Haven't experienced it since super early in career mode when I was initially learning. I am now quite careful with my running between the wickets and when things get hectic I keep the sprint/slide button down which keeps things sorted. Being careless by calling for runs that aren't there is asking for trouble straight away - "Prevention is Better than Cure"

All things said though - It doesn't help that any of the camera views aren't 100% with gaining an instant perspective on run calling. Can't see this issue being fixed without serious work to the camera system.

All 5 games online so far are all jerky and crash funny thing when i bowl its fine when i bat the bowling goes jerky and unplayable then crashes before the end piss poor.

Not sure this one has been mentioned , in career mode playing as Lancashire my first home game is at Lancaster home ground .
Then every game is played at Melbourne all home and away games.

Does any one Know how to change default opening bowlers ???

Everytime I vs AI pakistan or West indies they open the bowling with S.Ajmal and S.Narine ... Even in test matches .... doesn't feel like a real game at all lol

Can you post a video of the ball "turning a lot" ?

I get nearly 3000rpm with a national team spinner and around 1500 with my pro. I have yet to see the ball turn at all .. with the possible exception of "drift/drift and flight" balls. Why those turn I have no idea but its not much.

A 3000rpm Warnie leg break goes straight on. Thats about as big a demonstration of lack of turn as I can imagine. What are you doing so different from everyone else?

The delivery you get the most turn from as an offspinner is the 'drift & flight' (left on the Lstick when choosing delivery type) so it is probably the same for a leggy(right on the Lstick). I hardly get any spin when i choose the 'offbreak' delivery so i am guessing it would be the same for 'legbreak'.

It is a little odd i know because you are choosing a delivery that is on the opposite side of the direction the ball is going to spin but you definitely see a little bit of spin.

Tested this out on 5th day dustbowls with some of the better spinners in the game. There is a little bit of spin there but nowhere near the realistic amount.

We will try to see what the online issue could be.

The black screen is an audio issue that we hope is rectified by the first patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread