Don Bradman Cricket 14 Official Trailer

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Aye, I know, I didn't think you were, Ross! Just laughing at how bad a game has to be that it can have such an effect like that, when normally licenses and the money that goes into them seems to dominate everything. Been trying to go back to some old cricket games today, but after seeing the gameplay from this they're not doing it for me. Not been in this kind of mood for a cricket game for years. I hope you realise what you've done, haha!

rhyno

School Cricketer
Ross. Sorry if this has been asked before. Any idea when we may get to see more game trailers. Great looking initial one.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Rugby league and cricket are my two biggest passions. I've grown tired of gaming to a large extent at this point of my life (from the end user perspective anyway..) but I still actively follow the development of rugby league and cricket games, ensuring I own a console or PC capable of playing the releases of these titles and regularly reading updates of their progress.

To me, gaming is rugby league and cricket. Obviously this means Big Ant is now a massively important company to me (so much so that I've actually pondered perhaps trying to get a job there at various points, but that's an aside), and it does unfortunately mean that I am one pretty frustrated gamer at the moment!

Rugby League Live 2 is not a great game, nor was Rugby League Live (1). In fact, compared to the standards set by major sport titles, "poor" probably is an accurate description. However, they were both playable and gave me hours of enjoyment as a rugby league fan. Both rugby league games Big Ant released were the best rugby league games of all-time when they were released; both in absolute terms and in terms relative to the standards and technology at the time (with the possible exception of ARL 96, the Shane Warne 99 of rugby league games), putting the efforts of Sidhe, a pretty comparable game developer, to shame. Their first attempt was more impressive than Sidhe's third, and their second attempt was, as stated, vastly better than their first again. I'm impressed by not only that but their commitment to these games with regular DLC, cheap World Cup editions, etc etc. I genuinely hope there is an ongoing commitment to rugby league gaming from Big Ant and HES (and indeed an ongoing commitment to Big Ant from HES) because these games, while not great or even particularly good in a broader sense, are getting some way there in terms of long-term playability for the diehard rugby league fan.

I have similar expectations for Don Bradman Cricket 14. I do not expect a great game. I do not expect a game that suddenly breathes life into the cricket game genre, but a game that is better than its predecessors and addresses many of the long-held grievances the base has had with these games. I posted some minor criticisms here after watching the "World Premiere" videos and I absolutely stand by that but I'm certainly looking forward to the game. If it's more possible to have a close, tense match of something that feels and looks like cricket than IC10, which looks likely at this point, then I'll play it for hours and be a happy customer.

I understand where you are coming from and as a long suffering cricket gaming fan I feel your pain regarding how we have been treated over the years by gaming developers and publishers. Hopefully Big Ant will finally give us a game we can be excited about.

I think your points about RLL1, RLL2 and DBC14 are valid and nobody expects a perfect game. But we can expect, if DBC follows the RLL1/RLL2 trens and if Big Ant is invested for long term in the franchise, is that DBC will get better over iterations. This is all we are asking for at the moment - not a FIFA or Madden but a decent game with good enough gameplay that it reflects cricket accurately. If Big Ant/Tru Blu can continue to work on the franchise to improve it with every iteration and not go for cash grab a la AC13 team (505 Games & Trickstar), I see no reason the franchise won't be successful. They will have the loyalty of cricket gaming fans and this is one sport which should grow over the years as Indian middle class becomes more affluent.

Params7

International Cricketer
Not surprised about Ashes 13, this has been happening to us cricket gamers since more than a decade only this time they've shown humility.

DBC14 still feels too good to be true kind of deal. Trailer looks fantastic. :clap

kamrul

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
hey! ross! is the final trailer of dbc 14 going to look like rll2 showing all the features? or just a little better than the 1st one?
:spy

Last edited:

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
hey! ross! is the final trailer of dbc 14 going to look like rll2 showing all the features? or just a little better than the 1st one?
:spy

Amazingly enough, same routine as with our other games, more trailers will come showing gameplay :)

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Amazingly enough, same routine as with our other games, more trailers will come showing gameplay :)

Looking forward to that! I wondered if you'll be showing anything from a career mode perspective? I understand that showing the career mode stuff is not gameplay footage but i would be interested to see a few stats etc, maybe a time lapse of player appearance? I'm not however demanding these things, just think it would be interesting, the career mode is definitely one of the most exciting things about the game.

Last edited:

Frostyvegi

Club Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This morning I had a concerned family ask me if everything is OK because I must be devastated that my game was so poorly received, and a long term friend of 20+ years called me this afternoon to say the same, argh!!

I'm a bit behind what with all the activity in this tread (and playing some other games while I wait for DBC'14).. but had to comment on this. I think we're up to #218 for the similiarities between Ashes 13/DBC'14 and DayZ/WarZ.

When The War Z released, the creator of DayZ had both long time friends and family confusing the bad reports that were coming out about The War Z with his game.. even to the extent of getting death threats that were meant for the other games developer.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I have family and close friends still calling me to commiserate and asking what went wrong... My friends at EB confirm mass confusion.

Before anyone starts, I do not have the budget to educate people.

angad

Chairman of Consent
So basically,

There are some Pros and Cons for releasing the game this year, like:

+ Cricket season in most countries, specially Australia
+ Holiday season, during which it seems maximum sales are made
+ Close proximity to Ashes getting cancelled and getting so much coverage, hence currently a Cricket Game is the hottest topic in the media, more than ever it has been before. Can be utilized
+ With PS4 and Xbone still not released in a few countries, people are still looking for a PS3/Xbox360 game
+ A release would ensure that many people would play the game and would post reviews and videos on the net, thereby creating more awareness and a good base for the next-gen versions which are rumoured to release next year. Will help BigAnt establish themselves as a brand for good cricket games.
+ Ross is able to stick to his earlier prediction and trolls find a new topic to tickle his nuts
- Negative media on cricket games can still backfire for DBC14, specially if the same media channels fail to write on DBC14, as then the public remains knowledgeable only about one cricket game which was rubbish and rightly cancelled

And, there are some Pros and Cons for releasing the game Next year, like:

+ People might have forgotten about the Ashes game being cancelled
+ Have a wider release window, and thus can choose another time when cricket is on a high and no other AAA game is being released
- People might still think its the same game as before (i.e Ashes) which has been renamed since the Ashes is over and released again in the market.
- A lot of people might have moved on to the next gen consoles and thus a good amount of them might have sold/traded their ps3s by now. These next gen consoles would surely be available in many more countries by next year.
- There might be a long time till we can find a window during which cricket is the talk of the town and people are in a mood to buy stuff
- With the next gen available to a wider section of the public, old gen games would not get the same amount of interest and coverage.
- Trolls continue to scratch Ross' nuts on how he didnt release the game in 2013

These are some of the points that came to my 'non-expert' mind. Personally, I am glad I am not in Ross' shoes, as the decision he is about to make is very complex & critical and frankly, it could go either way for any decision that he takes. I believe and hope that he would eventually go with what his guts tell him to do, and then back that decision irrespective of the results it delivers. Personally I am scared to even suggest to him what he should do, as if it goes wrong, I would feel very guilty myself.

Last edited:

chickiboy

School Cricketer
So basically,

There are some Pros and Cons for releasing the game this year, like:

+ Cricket season in most countries, specially Australia
+ Holiday season, during which it seems maximum sales are made
+ Close proximity to Ashes getting cancelled and getting so much coverage, hence currently a Cricket Game is the hottest topic in the media, more than ever it has been before. Can be utilized
+ With PS4 and Xbone still not released in a few countries, people are still looking for a PS3/Xbox360 game
+ A release would ensure that many people would play the game and would post reviews and videos on the net, thereby creating more awareness and a good base for the next-gen versions which are rumoured to release next year. Will help BigAnt establish themselves as a brand for good cricket games.
+ Ross is able to stick to his earlier prediction and trolls find a new topic to tickle his nuts
- Negative media on cricket games can still backfire for DBC14, specially if the same media channels fail to write on DBC14, as then the public remains knowledgeable only about one cricket game which was rubbish and rightly cancelled

And, there are some Pros and Cons for releasing the game Next year, like:

+ People might have forgotten about the Ashes game being cancelled
+ Have a wider release window, and thus can choose another time when cricket is on a high and no other AAA game is being released
- People might still think its the same game as before (i.e Ashes) which has been renamed since the Ashes is over and released again in the market.
- A lot of people might have moved on to the next gen consoles and thus a good amount of them might have sold/traded their ps3s by now. These next gen consoles would surely be available in many more countries by next year.
- There might be a long time till we can find a window during which cricket is the talk of the town and people are in a mood to buy stuff
- With the next gen available to a wider section of the public, old gen games would not get the same amount of interest and coverage.
- Trolls continue to scratch Ross' nuts on how he didnt release the game in 2013

These are some of the points that came to my 'non-expert' mind. Personally, I am glad I am not in Ross' shoes, as the decision he is about to make is very complex & critical and frankly, it could go either way for any decision that he takes. I believe and hope that he would eventually go with what his guts tell him to do, and then back that decision irrespective of the results it delivers. Personally I am scared to even suggest to him what he should do, as if it goes wrong, I would feel very guilty myself.

Probably one post that makes more sense than any other we have had so far with regards to the possible release date..

Hassan Aftab

Club Cricketer
That was pretty sweet, having Don Bradman change colours like a chameleon right at the beginning and shadow practicing the shot at the end.
Also, was quite pleased to see the bowler get through the batsman's defenses - was a sight to behold there.
Thanks for this, Team BA. :)

Fissionmailed

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Also, was quite pleased to see the bowler get through the batsman's defenses - was a sight to behold there.
Thanks for this, Team BA. :)

Agreed, also notice the seam position and inswing, so good!

I have family and close friends still calling me to commiserate and asking what went wrong... My friends at EB confirm mass confusion.

Oh boy, all the best with that one sir.

Users who are viewing this thread