Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

Champ_BD

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
This duplicate player issue is really annoying it ruins everything. I can't even start my real career mode until it's fixed. There are literally 2/3/4 copies of most of the players in each team. Be it a start player or new player career mode. I have only downloaded the best players and teams from community and made sure they were properly linked. I never faced this issue in DBC14. @BigAntStudios please give us a fix for this as many of us are waiting to start out proper career mode.

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I have to agree with those who say he bowling has improved immensely this time round. I played for a long time only batting in db14 but I love the spin bowling in 17. I think a lot of this improvement is down to @MattW in my opinion.
He was always very precise in what was wrong or needed adding for bowling before he joined BA. Obviously BA noticed his talents on here through his passion for improving the bowling experience.
I have to say I've really enjoyed the batting in 17, (despite the lack of 3 important shots,) I think it's going to be a much better experience once that is patched in. The straight drive animation is absolutely splendid, and I have many times said "oooh! what a shot" out loud after pulling, hooking or cutting. I dunno what I'm doin wrong with the sliders but in career I only moved the pitch friction and spin turn up to about 60 and for a game or two I was jumping outta me seat at the amount of misses, nicks and cats whisker near bowled. It was fantastic, everything db14 lacked this two game spell had. But since my career player is bowling with hardly any turn and even if I turn it up and down it doesn't come back. Maybe it's stamina related? I get over after over of minimal turn then one or two turn then back to minimal again.
SKILL related?
If it's an in game feature built in to say lower skilled players lack the consistency to bowl with real turn then hats off to BA.

TomEmilioDavies

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
did u restart yr career mode?

Yes. I went through every single player before I started.[DOUBLEPOST=1482689139][/DOUBLEPOST]2 Smiths, 2 Warners, 2 Hazlewoods and 3 Starcs. All of them linked to just the one player in the database.

Might be a problem with the NSW team, but they are all linked.

jimortality

School Cricketer
I'm a noobie DBC player and I think this game is fantastic. The only problem is me! it's so flippin hard. I'm only trying to concentrate on batting but I can't score more than about 50 lol I know it's only practise which will help me but any noobie tips for me? I'm using Batting far camera, medium batting and bowling and amateur game difficulty (I had to turn it down from pro lol) LAs t proper cricket game I played was Brian Lara so it's been a while. I'm on xbox version. Cheers Merry Christmas

riteshagl

County Cricketer
Guys in 2 player match is there a way to just switch off display of delivery type dial only... i want only the jump and delivery dial to be displayed...this is how it used to be in dbc 14...if i switch off bowling hud everything gets switched off....kindly help

Kristingle

School Cricketer
Hello,

I was on around 90 with my career player and he went very blurry as did the fielders. The HUD is unchanged. I was able to get him to his first century! But it's still blurry.

Any ideas?

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Guys in 2 player match is there a way to just switch off display of delivery type dial only... i want only the jump and delivery dial to be displayed...this is how it used to be in dbc 14...if i switch off bowling hud everything gets switched off....kindly help
You cannot switch just the one off....but you can change the length or delivery type anytime from the time he starts to run up, this change in your delivery type won't be shown on screen, so select anything while it is being displayed and while u running in change to what you actually want to bowl :) thus deceiving yr buddy watching the screen delivery type...

Edit: scrap that you can only change the length during the run up not the delivery type -- damn there goes my theory!

BA we need to be able to switch off delivery type only! thanks :)

Edit 2: or alternatively display the delivery type, just don't highlight it when its being selected? is this how DBC14 was, I cannot remember as I hardly played 2 player 1 console.

Last edited:

riteshagl

County Cricketer
You cannot switch just the one off....but you can change the length or delivery type anytime from the time he starts to run up, this change in your delivery type won't be shown on screen, so select anything while it is being displayed and while u running in change to what you actually want to bowl :) thus deceiving yr buddy watching the screen delivery type...

Edit: scrap that you can only change the length during the run up not the delivery type -- damn there goes my theory!

BA we need to be able to switch off delivery type only! thanks :)

Edit 2: or alternatively display the delivery type, just don't highlight it when its being selected? is this how DBC14 was, I cannot remember as I hardly played 2 player 1 console.
In dbc 14, it did not display delivery type...it is very imp to not display delivery type or else it spoils the fun...please BA kindly look into it...2 player is useless without this because it gets extremely hard if all bowling huds get turned off...

ldc83

Club Cricketer
I've just bought this game for xbone and am slightly disappointed with the graphics as the in game resolution looks very poor.

There is also a lot of shimmering which gets significantly worse with long distance objects (crowd, advertising boards etc).

I have a 4k TV and understand that the image is upscaled via Xbone to match TV resolution. I can't see any options in game to improve visual quality or aliasing.

Is there anything I can do to improve the image with dbc17 as other games look much sharper?

Thanks

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Is it just me or would anyone else like the HUD at the bottom of the screen to be made smaller, more transparent or disappear as bowler starts run up? At the moment i can't see the bottom of the stumps through the display?
(Close batcam)

Even possibly move it to top of screen for batting?

Not a big thing i know but I think it would be better at least for close batting cam.

godez

School Cricketer
ok so career mode crashes, tour or competition modes it doesnt use the teams that are set for the format it uses random teams and star career mode it uses multiples of the same characters

Users who are viewing this thread