Download ICC 2005 Trial / More Details

I got that error as well...just remove the ICC2002 cd. At least thats what my problem was.

what a bag of s***. i downloaded it at 10pm and now the trial has runout!!!!

Ste said:
Also more details have been released about the game.

New features:

- Updated database (obviously)
- World cup every four years starting in West Indies 2007.
- Twenty/20
- Bangladesh available as a Test team.
- New interface.
- Some new commentary.
- Kolpak ruling.
- England contracted players.

fixes from 2002 version:

- Improved player generation. Spinners will not dominate.
- Australian players available to counties.
- Foreign players will not disappear for whole season if touring

If you are going to quote verbatim from another site at least credit the originating source of the information and provide a link.

Here is the originating details.

Daniel.

There is a difference between quoting and a sytaement of fact.

Anyway, just to warn people, this is not a 1 day trial. It is a trial that lasts until the end of the day you install it in. It does not last 24 hours.

andrew_nixon said:
Totally disagree. PlanetCricket posted a news item stealing verbatim from another website the entire details with no credit or acknowledge. Even if you claim you were quoting it is still customary to say who you were quoting.

Those lists of features were not released by Empire and therefore could not be considered a press release. I rang at my own expense (from Aus to Eng) the developer to get the list of features new to ICC-2005. If I hadn't made that call then (at that stage) none of those details would have be known so don't think it is asking too much to be credited as the source. Even the official Empire release that came out days later doesn't have all the features/updates I mentioned.

Another very popular cricket web site did not copy any of the details - they correctly said more details could be found and provided a link to the forum post.

Just to make it clear for any future announcements - PlanetCricket is NOT allowed to quote *any* part of CricketGames.com website or forum unless permission is requested first (as is stated on the web site). This will normally be freely given providing a link is provided to the originating article.

andrew_nixon said:
Anyway, just to warn people, this is not a 1 day trial. It is a trial that lasts until the end of the day you install it in. It does not last 24 hours.
I will pass that on to Chris and see if it can be changed to a proper 24 hour trial. This won't help people who have already downloaded the current trial period as you won't be able to reset the trial.

Chris though is actually at Lords for Saturday/Sunday so if the trial can be changed it will probably be Monday at the earlist.

Daniel.

andrew_nixon said:

Would it last for longer if i was to change the time on my computers clock?

Tortyfoo said:
PlanetCricket is NOT allowed to quote *any* part of CricketGames.com website...

No updates for 15 months, I doubt anybody visits that site anymore

Planet Cricket is the site for anything cricket related. I would have thought that the more people who know about the game the more sales there would be, I can see Empire being really upset about that!

andrew_nixon said:

so install it at 00.01AM :D

its not working for me...
i start the game and then it crashes to the desktop.
help

Tortyfoo said:
Totally disagree. PlanetCricket posted a news item stealing verbatim from another website the entire details with no credit or acknowledge. Even if you claim you were quoting it is still customary to say who you were quoting.

Those lists of features were not released by Empire and therefore could not be considered a press release. I rang at my own expense (from Aus to Eng) the developer to get the list of features new to ICC-2005. If I hadn't made that call then (at that stage) none of those details would have be known so don't think it is asking too much to be credited as the source. Even the official Empire release that came out days later doesn't have all the features/updates I mentioned.

Another very popular cricket web site did not copy any of the details - they correctly said more details could be found and provided a link to the forum post.

Just to make it clear for any future announcements - PlanetCricket is NOT allowed to quote *any* part of CricketGames.com website or forum unless permission is requested first (as is stated on the web site). This will normally be freely given providing a link is provided to the originating article.

Daniel.

I agree that these are just facts, and I therefore dont see what the problem is. I could have totally re-written them and change the order of a few works but I did not have the time when I was doing it. Several of the features you listed where already known about after I took the time to obtain a press release/presentation from Empire listing them. I also agree with Big_D, I was just trying to get the information about the new game to the widest possible audience and you cant argue that its true that Cricketgames.com while i'm sure is still popular hasnt been updated much recently except to add adverts to earn sales of BLIC and Cricket 2005 via a commission scheme.

Next time I will think twice about how information on ICC 2005 is presentated.

Ste

Users who are viewing this thread