Downloading youtube, daily motion videos/ Recording flash streams

Owzat

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Not sure if it helps (anyone) but you can convert flv files into avi/mp4 etc with a piece of software called "handbrake".

Anyone knows or has software that can convert RM to avi or mpg without it being one that does only 5 mins free or you have to pay for, please PM me :) I hate realplayer videos, it is the one format I have trouble with and have one or two files in that format I'd like/need to convert

P

pcfan123

Wow real player is still around? It was such a ████ format, I havent seen it in years!

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
LOL, hMarka, trying to record and collect cricket matches, I'm guessing?

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
If you use IE you can usually find the FLV file in the temp file place. Else Internet Download Manager has a tool that allows you to download the video. Or if you have firefox you can get flashgot and when you go to youtube you will have a flashing download icon that allows you to download the video.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Not sure if it helps (anyone) but you can convert flv files into avi/mp4 etc with a piece of software called "handbrake".

Anyone knows or has software that can convert RM to avi or mpg without it being one that does only 5 mins free or you have to pay for, please PM me :) I hate realplayer videos, it is the one format I have trouble with and have one or two files in that format I'd like/need to convert

Free online media file conversion (Document, Images, Audio, Video & Archives)

This will do it for free.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Hmarka, Sopcast has a record feature (the big red button). It works great for free and legal user-generated content that is also legal. :spy*legal*

Does anyone know how to record windows media player streams?

Last edited:
P

pcfan123

Trying to record Willowtv? That is basically what I am trying to do, record flash and windows media player streams.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Could try fraps, I've managed to record some streams from that. But it gives you a massive file so you would need to convert it.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Mark use Camtasia to record then.

Users who are viewing this thread