MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Per my previous announcement, PlanetCricket will be unavailable for some time on the 22nd. I need to close the forums for new posts earlier in the day to allow the data to move over without lost posts, and then there will be some DNS cutover time, which can be near instant, but can take over a day.

I will be providing updates on the PlanetCricket twitter feed - PlanetCricket (PlanetCricket) on Twitter during the downtime to ensure you all know where I am in the process.

I really do hope that these changes will result in an overall much better site experience and no more need for long threads complaining about the server being down.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
A bit of downtime is worth it if PC comes back stronger (and more reliable) than ever. :)

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Just a reminder that this is still scheduled for the 22nd, which is now today Australian time. I expect to do the actual transfer around 2pm AEST, which is 5am BST and 9:30am IST, which should minimise the actual downtime people experience.

Again, the main downtime will be regarding the changeover of DNS settings, this is ISP dependent and can take anywhere from 5 minutes to more than a day.

Users who are viewing this thread