Draft System for IPL

srikarr12

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I was wondering if a draft system should be implemted to the IPL like the NBA. THis is mainly because some teams have shallow resources of players like Deccan and Bangalore. So therefore after every season the IPL should round up all the players who are to join the next season and give the team with the lowest ranking the first choice out of the pool of players.

what do u guys think about??

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I was wondering if a draft system should be implemted to the IPL like the NBA. THis is mainly because some teams have shallow resources of players like Deccan and Bangalore. So therefore after every season the IPL should round up all the players who are to join the next season and give the team with the lowest ranking the first choice out of the pool of players.

what do u guys think about??
That's not exactly how the draft system works but I suppose it would be a good adaptation for 8 teams. However, you've got the issue that most players in the NBA draft are college or high school kids whereas in the IPL you may have an experienced pro coming in. It'll be hard to cut a fair contract with them if you get an autopick.

srikarr12

Club Cricketer
That's not exactly how the draft system works but I suppose it would be a good adaptation for 8 teams. However, you've got the issue that most players in the NBA draft are college or high school kids whereas in the IPL you may have an experienced pro coming in. It'll be hard to cut a fair contract with them if you get an autopick.

well if the contract doesnt workout with thier initial pick then they move on to the next because they have to go somewhere right!!

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
I will be first daft pick.

Users who are viewing this thread