EA Cricket 2005

TerryAlderman

Club Captain
I've still got this and many more PS2 games in storage. I sold my PS 2 console around 2015 and intended to sell the games but ended up keeping them!
Now I'm looking to buy a PS2 console again......but they're more expensive now second hand than I think I paid for my previous one! I've got a retro/ PS 2 gaming itch that I need to scratch though.

D

Deleted member 193590

I've still got this and many more PS2 games in storage. I sold my PS 2 console around 2015 and intended to sell the games but ended up keeping them!
Now I'm looking to buy a PS2 console again......but they're more expensive now second hand than I think I paid for my previous one! I've got a retro/ PS 2 gaming itch that I need to scratch though.
There's a couple on eBay going for £45 not too pricey.

D

Deleted member 193590

Thanks.....I've got a bid in. It's just like me to want a PS2 console just when the next gen ones are here.
Good luck! The old consoles are the best,people lucky enough to get a PS5 on release are just using it for PS4 games anyway.

TerryAlderman

Club Captain
Have snaffled a console off the Bay.....could be here next week. Cricket 05 first up although I've got the games down from the loft and I've got Cricket 07 too......that was a great game with possibly the best commentary on it from Richie Benaud and Mark Nicholas......it certainly had the best back foot fine leg glance of any cricket came that I've played. I will be playing them next week and thinking that I'm 48 years of age again......WOOOOHOOOO!!

TerryAlderman

Club Captain
Console has arrived. Set it up and it works a treat. Got the PS 2 games down from the loft.....loaded up EA Cricket 2005...it felt like meeting an old friend again when the game menu came up and I could hear the dulcet tones of Richie Benaud describing the setting. 50 overs game England v South Africa...England won the toss and put SA in to bat on a 'wet' wicket and I was delighted to have SA make 162 for 8 after their 50 overs. (Smith and Boucher batted well). I've got a chance of making their total I thought.....the run rate was 'only' 3.5 ish. Then I remembered how difficult batting is in this game.....for me anyway.....try as I might, I just couldn't pierce the field for runs. Most of my runs came from edges! Panicked and started using the 'slog'....with the usual outcome....England all out for 26. Lol.....just like the good old days. Welcome back Cricket 2005.

D

Dutch

Ha had good fun with Cricket 2005! All went downhill from there with cricket games to be honest.

D

Dutch

It would/will be even more fun for me if I can knock up a decent score. Just a competative score (purely to keep the virtual scorers awake) would do me. Got any batting tips?
Oh havent played it for years mate! But the old advice of playing in the V for the first 5 overs holds true any time! (In a test match)

TerryAlderman

Club Captain
Oh my word......I've only gone and done it. Scored more than the usual 25 runs all out.....and won a match. 50 overs game. Me (England) v AI (Zimbabwe). won the toss and put Zimbabwe in to bat where they made a solid 206 all out in 39 overs. I decided to take my time and not just hit the slog shot button as England wickets generally tumble and they're all out for under 30 runs. I batted for 15-20 overs at a time then saved the game and had a break. I made a personal choice not to use the slog button as I'm always caught!

Batting was tough in the first 6 overs...only managing the odd boundary with leg glance and edges to third man area. Then I noticed the batsmens confidence meters were filling up. this might be doable I thought as the run rate was around 5 per over. Scoring well with leg glances and sweep shot (even against the fasties). Scoring got a little easier around the 30 over mark when the field spread and there were more gaps. The increase in batters confidence doesnt make the ball leave the bat any harder/quicker...but shot timing seems better....and edges seem to find a gap.

Reached 207 for 7 in 48.2 overs. I can't believe it. Notable knocks from Strauss (27)....Trescothick (32)...Pieterson (49....dismissed from a daft run out)....and brought home by Solanki (42 n/o) and the beginning of the tail.

I'm in shock!!!!

LilleeWilleyDilley

School Cricketer
Most if not all cricket games come with their fair share of bugs, but the PC versions of EA 2004, 2005 and 2007 are better than the PS2 versions because they can be easily patched. I read somewhere that when EA Cricket 2004 is fully patched up and bug-fixed, it becomes the best cricket game of all time, and its difficult to disagree.

Users who are viewing this thread