EA Sports Cricket Game 2011 PS3/XBox

seangardner

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I've been a keen supporter of cricket for a few years now and I became more interested as the Brian Lara series was released. I did enjoy that I could not only watch and play cricket myself, but I could buy a video game where I could play it in my own home, and this excited me.

I played EA Sports Cricket 2007 and was very impressed by the gameplay, and after becoming a member the next year at Lancashire Cricket Club, I was expecting a good game to play in the time I wasn't at Old Trafford watching it. But EA delayed the 2009 game.

Codemasters brought out Ashes Cricket 2009 and to be honest I thought it was awful compared to what EA could have done. It included two teams with all the rights but the others were unlicensed. EA had all International and County/State teams all licensed. And they have the rights from ICC.

So now I ask when will the next game be brought out by EA? Why has it taken so long?

We need a cricket game for the next gen consoles!

timchrist984

Club Captain
I just wonder why people value licenseing so much? It's the Gameplay that I want in a cricket game. Of course if a game is unlicensed a decent editor is important. But I would prefer a completely unlicensed, editable game to a licensed one with dodgy Gameplay.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
I just wonder why people value licenseing so much? It's the Gameplay that I want in a cricket game. Of course if a game is unlicensed a decent editor is important. But I would prefer a completely unlicensed, editable game to a licensed one with dodgy Gameplay.

Gameplay is the main thing, but lack of licenses can make the game feel slightly less realistic.

He's merely pointing out the fact that they have the licenses and yet, they're still not making the game.

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
^ their license expired sometime last year i think, thats why there was some sort of online cricket game for the world cup earlier this year... and it wasn't by EA.

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
I'm too waiting for a good cricket game with all the latest features like Freehit in International matches, UDRS, snicko meter etc. If EA comes out with such a game, it would be fun to play it.

venkniralac

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
please dont create separate threads for EA its aldready there share your comments/views in it

seangardner

School Cricketer
If you were more observant you would realise I am new to this site and that posting my views on another thread would not be good because nobody has posted a thread about it in ages so be quiet

And yes guys i agree the gameplay is the most important, can always change names etc and also i like the idea of all the snicko, hawk eye and other technology used in test matches to be used in a video game

KBC

Panel of Selectors
I don't think EA would come up with a Cricket game this year or anytime soon, barring the next half year. They've got some prime releases this november to may so a cricket game is out of question.

Not saying it's impossible but there's not enough matter going on to fuel the development for a Cricket game.

If ever they can get a cricket game this year, i'll go hang myself.

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Yes, there haven't been any news of a new EA Cricket game thus far. Its highly unlikely that they will release a new game this year.

Owzaaat

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
After sixteen months of this thread being created, is there any new word on EA finally producing a cricket game for the PS3, Xbox 360, Wii & PC?

Last edited:

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I disappeared from PlanetCricket for a while so I actually had no idea that there was a Cricket 09 planned, let alone abandoned. I think we have to settle for the smaller developers to create cricket games from now on, EA didn't do well with their attempts at it and they made a bad reputation for themselves with us with their constant lying and then the head honcho himself, Peter Moore, laughing at the crowds there are at county cricket. I'm actually quite pleased EA won't try again because it will just be a half-baked effort.

Users who are viewing this thread