Edge Discussion/Debate

Ken Tremendous

County Cricketer
I wanted to keep this out the main monster thread as it would easily get lost.

So...edges. My issue is im barely seeing any. I think in 50 plus hours of play (according to Steam) and bowling plenty, i think ive seen maybe one genuine edge to the keeper, maybe one to second slip. Nothing to first slip, third, gully, point etc whatsoever. Seen one from bowling spin but hardly anything from bowling seam.

I plug away at 4th/5th stump line, mainly outswing but mix it up on occasion too with in dipper, slower balls, standard deliveries etc.

I do see the AI batsmen (i play on Veteran, does this have anything to do with it?) play and miss a lot, but hardly ever an edge, even in bowling conditions on a grassy deck etc, and when they do edge it, its that stupid inside edge that flies to the square leg boundary faster than a NASA rocket, nothing ever to the keeper, cordon etc.

Im interested to know others thoughts, are you seeing any edges for wickets at all? Hardly any? Some?

Im either doing something wrong with my bowling plan or it just seems the chance of getting an AI batsman to edge a good delivery (not referring to easiest difficulties as ive no interest in that) is miniscule at best.

Please shout up with what you see - im half hoping people tell me they are seeing plenty!

Cheers.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I’m getting plenty of slip/keeper catches (AI edging my bowling).

Almost never triggers pro cam catch though.

Getting no more in/outfield catches than I would get in c19.

Beefybeef66

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Plenty of edges, lots to keeper and some to slip (from what I recall probably more than C19 but didn't play later patches). Especially in tests.

Good variety of edges too, though some appear a little scripted.

Ken Tremendous

County Cricketer
I’m getting plenty of slip/keeper catches (AI edging my bowling).
Any to first?

Not seen one to first since ive had the game, 99% of mine fly square to the boundary or down to the fine leg rope.

You are on veteran as well Dave?

Just trying to work out why its not happening for me :(

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Any to first?

Not seen one to first since ive had the game, 99% of mine fly square to the boundary or down to the fine leg rope.

You are on veteran as well Dave?

Just trying to work out why its not happening for me :(

Lower pitch friction.. whats it set to atm..

Users who are viewing this thread