Editor for Cricket Captain 2021 (Release)

ianqaz

School Cricketer
The editor is a bit confusing because the developers of Cricket Captain requested that hidden attributes (such as batting and bowling ability) are not made visible by the editor. Their philosophy has always been that it adds to the realism of the game if we can see statistics (batting average, bowling average, etc) but not internal attributes (batting "ability", bowling "ability", etc).

So the editor doesn't show you what happens when you edit ability or potential. You just have to trust that after you hit "OK", then "Apply" the offset has been applied to their internal ability. Note that this is an "offset", not an absolute number. For example, if a batsman starts with an internal (invisible) batting ability of 1000, then offsetting it by +10% will increase it to 1100. The 10% offsets you are seeing are just defaults (they are not specific to each player).

For what it's worth, I personally recommend not editing player abilities. For me, it would ruin the balance of the game. But I understand everyone enjoys the game differently.

Thanks this makes a lot more sense now! Basically my goal was to take a player in the game and edit them to be my own in game self. Starting at 18 with ok stats then getting better with max potential.

Also I noticed changing bowling types won’t work for example if you try to chance RM to RF the change won’t apply in game

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Thanks this makes a lot more sense now! Basically my goal was to take a player in the game and edit them to be my own in game self. Starting at 18 with ok stats then getting better with max potential.

Also I noticed changing bowling types won’t work for example if you try to chance RM to RF the change won’t apply in game
Yes, that makes sense. It looks like the Cricket Captain developers have added some new stuff into the player data structure, so all the bowling-related stuff has moved to a different memory location (so the editor is looking in the wrong place).

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Yes, that makes sense. It looks like the Cricket Captain developers have added some new stuff into the player data structure, so all the bowling-related stuff has moved to a different memory location (so the editor is looking in the wrong place).
Is there any more data you have found which can make editor more robust? like more batting or bowling abilities or potential. I don't think the potential ability works at all if there is big difference between skill and potential , the player never reach his potential if the skill level is low , can you find the progression rate variable? it might help.

Paul the great

School Cricketer
Bowling abilities are not the only bug I found in the editor. You cannot change player type like changing a batsman to all-rounder and other types.

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Is there any more data you have found which can make editor more robust? like more batting or bowling abilities or potential. I don't think the potential ability works at all if there is big difference between skill and potential , the player never reach his potential if the skill level is low , can you find the progression rate variable? it might help.
Almost none of the player data structure is understood. Visible information (such as the player's date of birth and nationality) add up to a tiny fraction of the many thousands of bytes of data per player. Over the past 15 years, we have guessed 4 invisible attributes: batting ability, batting potential, bowling ability and bowling potential. We don't know what other attributes exist, let alone where to find them in memory.

I have no reason to believe that a "progression rate" attribute exists. However, if you think one exists and you know how to find it, then I will happily add it to the editor.

In CC2020 my main focus was on team/squad/club editing. After reading about some of the internal changes in CC2021, I will definitely work on some aspects of player editing in CC2021 (e.g. wicketkeeping ability, fielding ability and bowling aggression).
Post automatically merged:

Bowling abilities are not the only bug I found in the editor. You cannot change player type like changing a batsman to all-rounder and other types.
Yep, as soon as anything new is added in the player data structure, everything after that address is likely to end up in the wrong place. I'll go through them one-by-one this evening.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Almost none of the player data structure is understood. Visible information (such as the player's date of birth and nationality) add up to a tiny fraction of the many thousands of bytes of data per player. Over the past 15 years, we have guessed 4 invisible attributes: batting ability, batting potential, bowling ability and bowling potential. We don't know what other attributes exist, let alone where to find them in memory.

I have no reason to believe that a "progression rate" attribute exists. However, if you think one exists and you know how to find it, then I will happily add it to the editor.

In CC2020 my main focus was on team/squad/club editing. After reading about some of the internal changes in CC2021, I will definitely work on some aspects of player editing in CC2021 (e.g. wicketkeeping ability, fielding ability and bowling aggression).
Post automatically merged:

Yep, as soon as anything new is added in the player data structure, everything after that address is likely to end up in the wrong place. I'll go through them one-by-one this evening.
If you have access to the developers you can ask them about progression rate, this feature was introduced in 2018 version but the variability in different players progression were to minute to get noticed , perhaps we can make the progression more variable for different players.

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
I am seeing another bug with the budget. My main team is Central Punjab and second team is Lahore. Before the draft, my team was set as Lahore and when I load the budget it shows as Central Punjab, when i try to change it, the editor crashes

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-07-14 130541.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-07-14 130541.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 25

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Thanks for all the feedback. I have uploaded version 2021.00-03, which hopefully fixes all the memory misalignment issues in the player editor.

The following should now work correctly:
  • Bowling potential
  • Bowling ability
  • Bowling style
  • Bowling form
  • Batting form
  • Player type
  • Batting order (FC)
  • Batting order (OD)
  • Batting order (T20)
  • Injury type
  • Injury length
  • England contract
  • Non-England contract
  • Hair colour
  • Skin colour

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
If you have access to the developers you can ask them about progression rate, this feature was introduced in 2018 version but the variability in different players progression were to minute to get noticed , perhaps we can make the progression more variable for different players.
Can you send me a link to any information about this? I must have missed the announcement somehow.

BaldGarry

School Cricketer
I have never really edited player abilities, so I can't offer much advice. Please tell me exactly what you did and I'll try to point out what you did wrong.

I suspect you may have increased bowling ability instead of decreasing it. (As you can see in the screenshot above, "Lower = better").

For what it's worth, I personally recommend not editing player abilities. For me, it would ruin the balance of the game. But I understand everyone enjoys the game differently.
Thank you for the reply.

Also there is new game update came just now! Please update the editor

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Thank you for the reply.

Also there is new game update came just now! Please update the editor
I downloaded the update and the editor is still working for me (and the game version still shows as 21.00). I'm pretty sure it's just a hotfix and doesn't contain any database changes.

Is it not working for you? What game version do you see in CC2021?

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Can you send me a link to any information about this? I must have missed the announcement somehow.

The player development variation is too minute to get noticed in game , the thing is different players reach their potential at different rates but it must be possible to get it fixed and make the dynamic progression actually dynamic

Users who are viewing this thread