Code:
Team 	    OD Won   T20 Won   Bonus 	NRR 	Points
NZ 	      2 	3 	0 	1.150 	14
Sth Africa    1 	2 	1 	1.047 	9
AIS 	      1 	1 	1 	1.097 	7
Karnataka     0 	0 	0 	0.749 	0

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
The 20/20 were at the start rest are ODI. They just play each other twice I guess and the top 2 play to win the tournament.
Some of the players who have experienced international cricket and competed in the Emerging Players Tournament are; Adam Voges, Ben Hilfenhaus (Australia), Jacob Oram, Shane Bond, Hamish Marshall, Mark Gillespie, Ross Taylor, Peter Fulton, Michael Papps (New Zealand), Neil McKenzie, Robin Peterson (South Africa) and Robin Uthappa (India).

http://cricket.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=39556

irottev

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
No surprises we are winning. Quite easily too. Our side is defiantly the best considering the international experiance.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Kiwis continue their winning ways.

AIS 7/249 (Finch 64, Henriques 42, N Mullum 4-41)
NZ A 8/250 (Broom 66, Heal 2-36)
NZ A win by 2 wickets

SA 7/319 (Bodi 124, Peterson 90, Paul Duminy 74)
Karnataka 9/172 (Raghu 59)
SA win by 147 runs

kookaburra69

International Coach
Great bowling from Nathan McCullum in New Zealands wiin,Brrom looks to be in some good form with the bat also.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
I think it is a bit unfair that some international players are being allowed to play in this tournament. I think it should be restricted to teenagers only so people can really see what these guys are made of.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
I think it is a bit unfair that some international players are being allowed to play in this tournament. I think it should be restricted to teenagers only so people can really see what these guys are made of.
There are only seven teenagers who've been named. It would be silly if the tournament was all about them. U-19s are a different class altogether.

CricketFan999

Club Cricketer

Surly having a handful of fully established international players will show what these guys are made of more than anything? I mean if a young player can score runs against a batsman of his own age and skill group then thats good for him, but if he can still score the runs against the likes of Shane Bond then you know you've got someone special coming up the ranks.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Shane Bond is playing in an "Emerging Players" tournament?
Some of the players who have experienced international cricket and competed in the Emerging Players Tournament are; Adam Voges, Ben Hilfenhaus (Australia), Jacob Oram, Shane Bond, Hamish Marshall, Mark Gillespie, Ross Taylor, Peter Fulton, Michael Papps (New Zealand), Neil McKenzie, Robin Peterson (South Africa) and Robin Uthappa (India).
Past tense. The current squads all in here.
http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/australia/content/squad?object=286917

The AIS Centre of Excellence squad contains young first class cricketers such as the CA contracted Mark Cosgrove and Cullen Bailey, plus a number of popular young talents like Luke Ronchi and Moises Henriques. The oldest is 26, but Cossie is easily the most senior.

The NZ and SA teams are comprehensive A sides. NZ's emerging players count fringe internationals such as Papps, How and James Marshall. Both the oldest and most senior would be Andre Adams at 31 with 42 ODIs, although Papps has clearly 'emerged' more than once.

SA is led by reformed chucker, Johan Botha :p, but the greater squad features a number of young players making waves, such as bowlers Tshabalala, Morne Morkel, Zondeki and Philander. Justin Ontong is anther player whose time of emergence seems well passed. Also of interest is Vaughn van Jaarsveld, who is said to be trying to qualify for England. Speaking of qualifying for England, Gulam Bodi is the player who was selected ahead of an up and coming Kevin Pietersen when he decided South Africa was not his kind of country.

The Karnataka SCA XI is the one I know the least about, suffice to say this is the state of which Bangalore is the capital and many of India's elite have emerged through their ranks. Perhaps one of the locals can provide better info on the selections, as it seems only a couple have played more than 1 season of first class cricket, although they are led by Karnataka's seasoned captain, Yere Goud, who is the elder of the tournament at 35.

Users who are viewing this thread