England and Ireland Tour West Indies (ODI & T20 Only) (Feb-March 2014)

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Tue Feb 25
University of West Indies Vice Chancellor's XI v England XI
Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, North Sound, Antigua

Fri Feb 28
1st ODI - West Indies v England

Sun Mar 2
2nd ODI - West Indies v England

Wed Mar 5
3rd ODI - West Indies v England

Sun Mar 9
1st T20I - West Indies v England
Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados

Tue Mar 11
2nd T20I - West Indies v England

Thu Mar 13
3rd T20I - West Indies v England

England
Stuart Broad (c), Eoin Morgan (vc), Moeen Ali, Ravi Bopara, Tim Bresnan Jos Buttler (wk), Jade Dernbach, Harry Gurney, Alex Hales, Chris Jordan,
Michael Lumb, Stephen Parry, Joe Root, Ben Stokes, James Tredwell,
Luke Wright

University of West Indies Vice Chancellor's XI
Steven Jacobs (c), Nicholas Alexis, Adrian Barath, Jonathan Carter,
Kyle Corbin, Miguel Cummins, Akeem Dewar, Paul Palmer, Raymon Reifer,
Dawayne Sealy, Devon Thomas,C hadwick Walton (wk).

West Indies

England and West Indies focus on youth
Both have lost their previous series and key players ahead of their limited-overs clash in the Caribbean. It's time to blood emerging talent.
Tony Cozier: England and West Indies focus on youth | Cricinfo Magazine | ESPN Cricinfo

Last edited:

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
ST. JOHN?S, Antigua ? The West Indies Cricket Board advised on Thursday that its Selection Panel has named 13-member squads for a brief series against ICC Associate nation Ireland.
?
The series comprises two Twenty20 Internationals and a One-day International to be staged later this month at Sabina Park in the Jamaica capital of Kingston.
?

Twenty20 squad
Darren Sammy (Captain)
Samuel Badree
Dwayne Bravo
Andre Fletcher
Chris Gayle
Sunil Narine
Denesh Ramdin
Ravi Rampaul
Andre Russell
Marlon Samuels
Krishmar Santokie
Lendl Simmons
Dwayne Smith
One-day International squad
Dwayne Bravo (Captain)
Darren Bravo
Miguel Cummins
Kirk Edwards
Christopher Gayle
Jason Holder
Nikita Miller
Sunil Narine
Kieron Powell
Denesh Ramdin
Marlon Samuels
Darren Sammy
Lendl Simmons
?
Team management unit
Ottis Gibson (Head Coach)
Richie Richardson (Team Operations Manager)
Stuart Williams (Assistant Coach)
Andre Coley (Assistant Coach)
Saqlain Mushtaq (Assistant Coach)
C.J. Clark (Physiotherapist)
Hector Martinez Charles (Strength & Conditioning Coordinator)
Richard Berridge (Video & Statistical Analyst)
Virgil Browne (Massage Therapist)
Philip Spooner (Media Relations Manager

More info on other player fitness

West Indies announce squads for T20Is and ODI against Ireland

Last edited:

War

Chairman of Selectors
Some strange, sensible & surreal Windies selections.

Why are Dwayne Smith, Russell, Rampaul & Young Bravo only selected in one of the squads and not both?

Why has Miguel Cummins (who i rate & should have played in the tests in IND & NZ) been picked in the ODI squad, when he has mainly performed in FC cricket, played two list A games & is not part of the current Barbados Super 50 squad?

I think Rayad Emrit should have been picked instead of Cummins.

Why has Fletcher been retained & Powell in the ODI squad?

What is the selectors position on the potential recall of veterans Chanderpaul, Sarwan & Taylor to the ODI teams.

Glad to see them drop Charles & Best though.

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
So my guess is England will do a India and play superior at home right? :rolleyes

War

Chairman of Selectors
:facepalm Good lord West Indies, just keep going backwards since that T20 world triumph.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Wow what a result for Ireland and it's not as if the West Indies fielded a weakened side.

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
Come on the Paddies! That's another test nation ticked off the list. Do we have to have a full house before we are allowed to join your test cricket club?

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
It has only been one year since your First Class competition has started (which is still not a recognised FC). There is still some time!

If only we could pick up the island and drop it in the Bay Of Bengal then take some BCCI officials out for a big plate of stew and a few pints of black, we would have it tomorrow.

Obviously not saying thats what Bangladesh did, not in any way shape or form, not at all, nothing could be further from the truth.........

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Well thats horrendous from West Indies 96 in 20 overs. God knows whats wrong but I am continously getting impressed with Ireland. God damn IBCCI i know this is t20 but get them to test cricket already. With all the t20 and odi experiance they perform brilliantly now and give good fight if not win. The same thing can happen with test format too. Afghanistan is another side I would love to see. Netherlands have been around but havent impressed they are too inconsistent. Nagioca 50 if thats what it was called really have helped Ireland getting familier with the conditions. Well done, its moment like these that keep me interested in cricket still.

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
2nd ODI West Indies VS Ireland
Ire 85/8 (20.0 ov, TJ Murtagh 2*, MC Sorensen 9*, K Santokie 1/12) - Match over | Live Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo
West Indies Won by 11 runs.

The T20 Series DRAW.
Only 1 ODI. to come this Saturday. Then Followed by the England Series. West Indies haven't pick that team as yet

But seriously WI may have won this, but it was an awful performance From the World Champion of the T20 title. I hope they all shake up and get ready for England and the T20 World Cup.
Must give Credit to West Indies Bowler Badree, Santokie and Narine were tight given less than 3 runs per Over, followed by 3 wickets for D Sammy. and DJ Bravo finish things off. Everyone Beside Sammy toke a wicket a piece.

But i wouldnt take credit From Ireland, Well Played. Very Well Played Ireland.

C Boomer

Club Captain
Although disappointed Ireland were not victorious in their final match against the current T20 world champions they did push the Windies very close and had they won this game, it would have given Ireland their first ever series win against a full member Test playing nation!

Even so, it speaks volumes for an associate nation, their players, coach, (himself a former great West Indian cricketer) and all the other support group behind the Irish team when they can take on and compete with teams who are ranked much higher than they are in the world ranking status!

Onwards and upwards for Ireland and maybe soon they will achieve their 'holy grail' and one day be granted full Test membership ! :yes

Users who are viewing this thread