England National football team thread

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Luke shaw gets an injury despite doing very little over 12 months at united and suddenly the sympathy vote has everyone putting him ahead of baines.

The left-back position is a interesting one & i think its very open given the long term injuries to both Shaw & Baines.

I guess people would shoe in Shaw for the Euro's because of his impressive start to this season with United & the obvious fact being he is the young exciting talent.

Baines TBF although he didn't have a great W-Cup probably has to show that pre 2014 world cup form to guaranteed a place whenever he returns from injury - because guys like Bertrand, Rose and Cresswell will be knocking on the door hard.

barmyarmy said:
@War - please can you stop @ mentioning me so often. Thank you.

Ha apologies sir, just trying to stir up conversation activity in the football section of the PC that has become relatively dead in recent months.

War

Chairman of Selectors
England squad for Euro 2016 predicted - ESPN FC

i

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Wilshere is key starting XI player once fit my friend, plus him & Ox aren't battling for the same position either.

To be fair, I'm basing his performances on his Arsenal performances which have been substanded. Depending on what Wilshere's role is in the England team I can easily see Ox playing in the middle as he's played there before and I think he can be very good there...

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
To be fair, I'm basing his performances on his Arsenal performances which have been substanded. Depending on what Wilshere's role is in the England team I can easily see Ox playing in the middle as he's played there before and I think he can be very good there...

Ox best is a natural winger,he is never better than Wilshere at the middle.Ox at wing & Wilshere at the middle looks more balanced.

Reactions: War

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
My starting XI would be:
GK:Hart
RB:Clyne
CB:Stones
CB:Smalling
LB:Bertrand
DM:Henderson
CM:Barkley
CM:Lallana
RW:Walcott
ST:Surridge
LW:Sterling

Bertrand should be starting over Shaw imo injured or not. Shaw is very good and has the potential but Bertrand I feel, is a better player as it stands and has a far better end product.

War

Chairman of Selectors

Well yes The Ox can definitely play centrally, so that versatility gives Hodgson much options in certain games situations. But Wilshire is being penciled to play the deep-lying play-maker role either by himself or alongside Carrick in either a 4-4-2 diamond or 4-3-3 - the Ox can't play that position.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Well yes The Ox can definitely play centrally, so that versatility gives Hodgson much options in certain games situations. But Wilshire is being penciled to play the deep-lying play-maker role either by himself or alongside Carrick in either a 4-4-2 diamond or 4-3-3 - the Ox can't play that position.

Ahh okay, that he was playing more advanced...

Lee1981

International Coach
Haven't been on for months

But watching England play last night was embarrassing

Men against boys

No ideas, no game plan

The Spanish defenders have more composure than our attacking players do

From a young age our kids are taught to play football "properly", then it all changes, by the time they are mid teens it's all about win, win, win, bigger stronger players are more favourable for this attitude, technique is average but they can run loads and are no pushover.

Great philosophy England

War

Chairman of Selectors
By monday the England squad gets picked, this is what I hope Roy goes for @SpitfiresKent @Lee1981 @ncfclee @ste_mc_efc @barmyarmy @CerealKiller @cooks1st100

GK - Hart, Forster, Heaton

DEF - Smalling, Cahill, Stones, Walker, Rose, Clyne, Bertrand

MID - Wilshere, Alli, Dier, Henderson, Lallana, Noble, Drinkwater, Sterling

STR - Rooney, Kane, Vardy, Sturridge

Starting XI: Hart, Walker, Smalling, Cahill, Rose; Dier, Alli, Henderson, Rooney; Kane, Sturridge

Why I'm not getting carried away at all, it good that the two best teams this season was dominated by English players coming to the fore. Roy has a lot of strong options in strikers and mid-field. Biggest issue is obviously in defense & considering the inconsistent seasons Stones & Cahill have had, Wes Morgan could have been a late inclusion if he wasn't already chosen to play for Jamaica.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
By monday the England squad gets picked, this is what I hope Roy goes for @SpitfiresKent @Lee1981 @ncfclee @ste_mc_efc @barmyarmy @CerealKiller @cooks1st100

GK - Hart, Forster, Heaton

DEF - Smalling, Cahill, Stones, Walker, Rose, Clyne, Bertrand

MID - Wilshere, Alli, Dier, Henderson, Lallana, Noble, Drinkwater, Sterling

STR - Rooney, Kane, Vardy, Sturridge

Starting XI: Hart, Walker, Smalling, Cahill, Rose; Dier, Alli, Henderson, Rooney; Kane, Sturridge

Why I'm not getting carried away at all, it good that the two best teams this season was dominated by English players coming to the fore. Roy has a lot of strong options in strikers and mid-field. Biggest issue is obviously in defense & considering the inconsistent seasons Stones & Cahill have had, Wes Morgan could have been a late inclusion if he wasn't already chosen to play for Jamaica.
What about that Watford striker whose name I can't remember?

Users who are viewing this thread