England selectors look at Rashid

Rashid isn't ready for international cricket, I saw him at Lord's and okay it's Lord's, but he didn't look anything special. At this moment in time, Swann is a better cricketer. Personally, I wouldn't play Rashid until after next seasons Ashes. If you want to play him, use a dead rubber, maybe the 3rd test vs New Zealand?

come on, remember the tour to new zeland sureshot lol dont count thoses chickens yet

and rashid is a better cricket than Schofield clearly, im very very happy he is in the performance squad, but i wouldnt play him yet, i wouldnt play him this summer at all, prob take him on tour or send him off with the lions, get him as much cricket as possible this year, his bowling is his stronger suit at the moment, he can turn it and has good control, and tosses it up every now and then which is great to watch, but im not that convinced about his batting, he obviously can bat but seems to play some very poor shots when ive seen him

I was talking about Rashid, not Swann. Unless Rashid got packed into someone's suitcase?

The problem for England is that India will just produce spinner frendly pitches for Kumble and Harbhajan to bowl in. Also considering, England don't play well on slow pitches. In which case, England need to pick 3 spinners on the tour with 2 playing. Would you pick Tredwell as the third spinner or gamble with only taking 2 spinners?

Users who are viewing this thread