England v West Indies

S

sonic

England held a press conference early in the morning and have announced four changes to their squad for the second test. England also told reporters of the team expected to take to the field next sunday, with a few surprises included. John Crawley makes way for Anthony McGrath, Darren Gough is excluded for debutant James Kirtley and Simon Jones is replaced by Robert Key. Ashley Giles has lost his place to Ian Blackwell after a bust up with captain Hussain, who felt that his slow bowler was not delivering. blackwell should give England some extra options however, but many were amazed that he didn't get the nod in the first test.

Marcus Trescothick
Mark Butcher
Michael Vaughan
Nasser Hussain
Alec Stewart
Robert Key
Paul Collingwood
Anthony McGrath
Ian Blackwell
James Kirtley
James Anderson
--------------------------
Simon Jones
Ashley Giles
Craig White
Alex Tudor
Stephen Harmison

West Indies are expected to announce their squad on Monday Evening

S

sonic

balls, I've just realised our test starts the same time as the champions trophy...d'oh :o I may have to pul out

A

Auwais BARTHEZ

Originally posted by sonic@May 29 2003, 11:38 AM
balls, I've just realised our test starts the same time as the champions trophy...d'oh :o I may have to pul out
Ooops... :o :(

R

Rangeela

Originally posted by sonic@May 29 2003, 02:38 AM
it looks like test series is postponed again.
or are you both still going to play along with the OCB tour?

S

sonic

no rangeela, we will be going full steam ahead, me and lisle both agreed that we shall be playing the tournament for fun, realistically neither of us are going to win, so our full concentration will remain with the current test series.

thanks
sonic

S

sonic

Lisle, the real battle will be between me and you...for the wooden spoon award :lol: :D :P

A

Auwais BARTHEZ

Originally posted by sonic@May 31 2003, 01:07 AM
Lisle, the real battle will be between me and you...for the wooden spoon award :lol: :D :P
:lol: :D :lol:

S

sonic

its been raining very heavily all weekend in Surrey as England and West Indies prepare to do battle in the second test this morning at the Oval. Nasser Hussain won the toss and has promptly put the tourists in to bat, with these conditions it looks like the bowlers will be rubbing their hands, definitely one for the swing and spin bowlers.

A

Auwais BARTHEZ

Originally posted by sonic@May 31 2003, 11:09 PM
its been raining very heavily all weekend in Surrey as England and West Indies prepare to do battle in the second test this morning at the Oval. Nasser Hussain won the toss and has promptly put the tourists in to bat, with these conditions it looks like the bowlers will be rubbing their hands, definitely one for the swing and spin bowlers.
What do you expect in England?But I think the next pitch should be different because of the scorching weather now.Maybe hard or normal. Good luck to the sides. :up:
Sonic,the pitch is yours,bowl them out for a low total and lift shots over the outfield to get an unlikely win (or likely).

S

sonic

auwais...i am not bowling...lisle will be batting first, i dont know why you thought i was bowling, cos we never bowl in tests, its too boring. and as for pitches, well lisle chose the match conditions so unfortunately they cannot be altered. The way we do it is one person choses to bat first or second and the other sets the pitch conditions etc to make things fair.

day 1: damp, grey, mild
day 2: wet, overcast, mild
day 3: damp, cloudy, warm
day 4: wet, grey, warm
day 5: damp, overcast, mild

S

sonic

Lisle here is my ctm for you to start the match, you were'nt online so this is the most convenient way...good luck in your innings dude :killa:

Users who are viewing this thread