England v West Indies

K

killa_stiky2002

Nasser Hussain..."Its going to be a batting wicket so we have strengthened our line-up accordingly. Graham Thorpe is recalled, also we are going with 3 fast bowlers as their will be little spin, so Darren Gough is now back in the fold. The others are unchanged..."

England
-----------

M Trescothick
M Butcher (6th bowler)
M Vaughan
G Thorpe
N Hussain (cptn)
A Stewart (wkt)
A McGrath (5th bowler)
A Giles (3rd bowler)
D Gough (2nd bowler)
S Harmison (4th bowler)
J Anderson (1st bowler)
--------------------------------------------------------------------+
The OWICB announced their playing XI today.

C Gayle (6th bowler)
D Ganga
W Hinds
B Lara
R Sarwan (5th bowler)
M Samuels
R Jacobs
O Banks (4th bowler)
P Collins (1st bowler)
M Dillon (3rd bowler)
C Collymore (2nd bowler)

K

killa_stiky2002

After the first 20 overs. West Indies a flying at nelson without loss.

Very early in the day, Ganga, suprisingly, was the aggressive one in the right-hand/left-hand combo hooking as many short balls as he could while Gayle only banged 2 cover drives which reached the boundary in a flash. Apart from that, Gayle milked his way to 20 then started to really make his way to a big score.

Scorecard

K

killa_stiky2002

Bowling....already 4 bowlers used...McGrath is the most successful in my book because Stuart has his ave. as 5 and I don't see the cursor till one second before delivering...that should be the case for all bowlers :D it feels real.

K

killa_stiky2002

Stu I would love to know how much the OECB is paying the players. That ball was chest height and 2 feet away...and the fielder gave up already...instead of maybe trying something, take a wicket and save 6 runs, or knock it down for 4 or SOMETHING!!! he left it alone and not only 6 was score but the batsman's confidence went up

S

sonic

Hussain has dig at West Indies

Nasser Hussain isn't one for making rash remarks but as West Indies closed in at lunch 111-0 he was somwhat dumbfounded by their approach to the match.

"They need to win to save the series, so I ask why they are playing things safe? Its a shame that this is what it has come to for them, if they really expect to win this match to draw the series then they should be more positive for me, but at the moment they look happy to play for a drawn match, which I find most peculiar given the situation they find themselves in terms of the series result. We of course have a plan to counteract this attitude, we feel we can still win 2-0, our players are more hungry than them when I look around the pitch, which is the difference a the end of the day between a good side and an average one."

R

Rangeela

Originally posted by killa_stiky2002@Jun 26 2003, 04:29 PM
Stu I would love to know how much the OECB is paying the players. That ball was chest height and 2 feet away...and the fielder gave up already...instead of maybe trying something, take a wicket and save 6 runs, or knock it down for 4 or SOMETHING!!! he left it alone and not only 6 was score but the batsman's confidence went up
:lol:

K

killa_stiky2002

After being 203/0, West Indies collapse in traditional style to 361 all out and England are 2/0 from 1 over.

As for you Stu. Have a little patience. At your rate you innings will be over by tomorrow and then mine will be over by da 30th and the match will be over by the 31st. I am sorry I had things to do today that could not be avoided.

Scorecard

S

sonic

the OCB has granted the match extension to 1st July, but will not tolerate future unreadable screenshots from the West Indies and will not award them bonus points if they continue to print fuzzy screens