England's Road to World Cup 2010 Glory [PES 2008] - Beckham out for 1 year

Who should be the permanent captain of England

• Total voters

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
england_logo150.jpg

After failing to qualify for the UEFA Euro 2008 coach Steve McClaren was the sacked the next day . He was replaced by the former Real Madrid and AC Milan manager Fabio Capello. The Italian is the second foreign manager to coach England, after Eriksson, and will take charge of his first game when England face Switzerland in a friendly.

Fabio Capello unveiled as New England Coach

capelloengland.jpg

New England coach Fabio Capello has promised to take the national team "right to the top" after being unveiled by the Football Association.

Capello said: "I have wanted this job for a long time and I know there are great expectations that go with it. "My first objective is to meet the players and the club coaches in the Premier League. England has a great team that can go right to the top."

Capello, who has signed a four-and-a-half-year contract worth ?6.5m a year, said it was a "dream come true" to take the England job.
He needed a translator for his first press conference since accepting the job but said he is determined to improve his English before February's friendly against Switzerland.

"I am convinced that in one month when I meet up with the squad for the first time, I will be able to speak English," Capello explained. "I believe it is very important to communicate with players and I will undergo a strict routine to learn the language - I will apply myself every day."

The former AC Milan and Real Madrid coach says he will ask his squad why they think England have under-achieved in recent years, and failed to qualify for the finals of Euro 2008.

"I'm going to try to understand what happened by talking to the players," he added. "I believe that wearing the England shirt should be a matter of pride - I want to see all players playing for England like they do for their clubs."

Capello acknowledged that managing England will be very different to being in charge of a club side - but says he is confident he can work well with his players, and gain the co-operation of Premier League managers too.

"It is very different," Capello said. "My behaviour will have to change, as will the players. "I have always had an excellent relationship with Sir Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger and also the two Spanish managers Rafa Benitez and Juande Ramos. "

world_cup_2010_logo.jpg

England's World Cup 2010 Qualifying Group

1)England
2)Croatia
3)Turkey
4)Ukraine
5)Belgium
6)Scotland​

(I have changed the groups as per availability of the teams in the game)

England Fixtures

England vs Switerland
France vs England
Turkey vs England
Croatia vs England
England vs Scotland
Belgium vs England
Germany vs England - friendly
England vs USA - friendly
England vs Ukraine
Scotland vs England
England vs Turkey
Engalnd vs Croatia
Ukranie vs England
England vs Belgium

can England make to the 2010 World Cup?

(this story to run for a long time)

England Squad announced

Fabio Capello has announced the England squad to face Switzerland in a friendly match at the New Wembley Stadium .

Steven Gerrard (c)
Ben Foster
David James
Micah Richards
Rio Ferdinand
Jonathan Woodgate
Jolean Lescott
Ashley Cole
Wes Brown
Michael Carrick
Owen Hargreaves
Joe Cole
Shaun Wright Phillips
Stewart Downing
Theo Walcott
Wayne Rooney
Jermain Defoe
Peter Crouch
Michael Owen
Aaron Lennon
Gabriel Agbonlahor​

Fabio Capello shocked England football fans by dropping John terry , Frank Lampard and David Beckham from the squad . He said that it was just a friendly match and no need worry . He also said that the player will get opportunities but they have to take them if they wanted to stay in the squad . He said that Wayne Rooney will be his talisman as he is a key part of the England side .

Next : England vs Switzerland Report

England 2-0 Switzerland
New Wembley , London

hargreaveswc.jpg
Hargreaves scores for England​

First Half goals by Owen Hargreaves and Wayne Rooney were enough to secure Fabio Capello his first ever win as England coach . England started the game with something to prove the whole footballing nation that they are still the dangerous side that was in the 20th century . In the first quarter of the hour England kept possession and not allowing the Swiss to break . The passes were sticking well and it was really frustrating for the Swiss . As the goal was looking very near it came . Great passing by Downing made Hargreaves free and one on one with the Keeper Zuberbuhler and Hargreaves finished it in style puting in the bottom right corner no chance for the Keeper . perfect start for Fabio Capello . And the lead got doubled just after 10 minutes . A great through ball by captain Gerrard made Wayne Rooney one on one against the keeper and a easy finish by Rooney . England ended first half at 2-0 . Switzerland just created one by Frei chance but that also missed the target .

Rooney1710PA2_468x581.jpg
Rooney confirms victory​

In the Second Fabio Capello completely changed his side by making 6 changes at half time . Foster , Walcott , Agbonlahor , Lescott , Wright Phillips , Carrick were bought on for James , Downing , Crouch , Richards , Joe Cole and Gerrard respectively . Rooney was handed the captains arm band . In the second half England just kept the possession and created just about 2 chances both by Agbonlahor . the first one he headed wide of the target while the second one was well saved by the Keeper . But best chance came to Frei when he was left one on one with Foster and produced a brilliant save from Foster . Switzerland had more chances which they failed to convert . England fans and players were happy after a good victory against Switzerland .

japan-sport-footballculture-330x220-fans-multiculturalism.jpg
England fans happy over victory​

Teams
England : James(Foster 45') , Richards(Lescott 45') , Ferdinand , Woodgate , A.Cole , Downing (Walcott 45') , Hargreaves , Gerrard (Carrick 45') , J.Cole (Wright Phillips 45') , Crouch (Agbonlahor 45') , Rooney .

Switerzland : Zuberbulher , Muller , Senderos , Degen , Magnin , Dzemaili , David Degen , Barnetta , H.Yakin , Frei , Streller

coming up squad for next match...

England Squad for France

Fabio Capello as announced his squad to face the French side at the Stade de France .

John Terry (c)
Ben Foster
David James
Gary Neville
Rio Ferdinand
Ashley Cole
Ledley King
Michael Dawson
Jonathan Woodgate
Owen Hargreaves
Steven Gerrard
David Beckahm
Stewart Downing
Joe Cole
Michael Carrick
Theo Walcott
Shaun wright Phillips
Wayne Rooney
Peter Crouch
Jermain Defoe
Michael Owen​

Fabio Capello recalled JT , Becks which meant that Beckham was gonna get his 100th cap for England against France . he was asked by the press whether Becks was going to start and Capello replied that he would not make Backham travel from USA to France to make him sit on the bench . Still in the squad Capello didnt had any place for Frank Lampard .

coming up France vs England report

France 2-3 England
Stade de France , Paris

63909.jpg
French team celebrating​

Late goals by Rooney and Carrick makes two out of two for Fabio Capello . France started the game superbly by taking the lead just after 2 minutes . Great one two between Ben Arfa and Henry and a sublime finish past Foster made the Les Blues take the lead . There were some more chances in the first half for France which they were unable to convert . While England had also their share of chances . Gerrard with the best one hitting from long range and Coupet was able to get finger tips to it . French defense was at its best . Rooney also had some chances but he was stopped by the Keeper Coupet . And at half time France leaded 1-0 .

_44174710_rooney_pa.jpg
England team Celebrating Rooney's winner​

Second half started with a bang for Engalnd . Wright Phillips low cross was punch away toward Rooney who scored and Coupet having no chance what so ever . England had equalized . Vieira had a great chance to get the lead back as his shot was cleared of the line by Ashley Cole . Ribery to had a chance but he wasted the opportunity . But then it was Karim Benzema who got the lead back for France . A top class finish from the edge of the box curling the ball towards the top right corner and Foster having no chance at all . Les Blues leaded again . Fabio Capello made his changes Carrick was bought on for Hargreaves and Defoe was bought on for Owen . Introduction of defoe bought some pace to the English attack . Carrick was very close to equalise for England . But 3 minutes later he did it . Carrick put a great shot passed Coupet in the bottom left corner and England were equalized . 2 minutes later it was Rooney's turn to finish the game and he did . Another great finish from the edge of the box and beating Coupet at the near left corner and England had taken the lead for the first time in the match .

bqdscf0025.jpg
England fans very happy at the Stade de France​

There was roar from the England supporters as the referee whistled and ended the match . England had defeated France 3-2 in a dramatic match in which Beckham won his 100th cap for England . Fabio Capello was very happy as he walked into the tunnel as it was two out of two for him as England manager .

coming next squads for 1st World Cup Qualifier against Turkey..

Users who are viewing this thread