England's tour of India (Nov '16/Feb '17)

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The Boys
I thought Pakistan were piss poor in their chase today. They continue to play a scared brand of cricket. Their batting is lacking dynamism and power and their world class bowling is the only reason they win the odd sporadic limited overs game.
And, that is exactly what made a match, that should've been won quite comprehensively, exciting.

lion100lion

International Coach
I will conclude you're too young to have seen the QF and SF of the 2011 WC. Neither have you seen the KXIP vs CSK 225 chase, where Raina against the run of play made 85 odd in a mere 20 odd balls.
Yeah exactly.. Actually the problem is that we Indians have short term memory.. May be because of too much cricket :p

Anyway loved the chase.. Kudos to Jadhav (and of course Kohli too). I think that he and Pandya can become the official finishers like Dhoni if they continue batting this way.

Did anyone notice Dhoni asking the umpire for DRS ? Ha Ha I think he forgot for a moment that he had given up the captaincy !!

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
And, that is exactly what made a match, that should've been won quite comprehensively, exciting.

Sometimes, I wonder the super power in cricket India-Pakistan would be without the partition. India's batting and Pakistan's bowling. Without doubt, India's administration and media as well, and that's saying something considering what goes around in our part of the world.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Without doubt, India's administration and media as well, and that's saying something considering what goes around in our part of the world.
I used to disagree with you about our media, but I watched a couple of episodes of Score with Yahya Husseini as anchor and Game On Hai with Nauman Niaz as anchor, and trust me, it was such a waste of time. Shoaib Akhtar is the only guy who seems to talk somewhat sensibly, and partly Rashid Latif as well.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I used to disagree with you about our media, but I watched a couple of episodes of Score with Yahya Husseini as anchor and Game On Hai with Nauman Niaz as anchor, and trust me, it was such a waste of time. Shoaib Akhtar is the only guy who seems to talk somewhat sensibly, and partly Rashid Latif as well.

Shoaib Akhtar has turned on some sense after his stint in India. Trust me, he is unbearable. I think Wasim Akram is sheer class. He's what an ambassador from the country should be like.

You're young at the moment, and at your age I wasn't as mature as you are at the moment, but I think when we are young we under-estimate the power of the media. If you see the media in Australia, England, SA, NZ etc. there is a lot to learn for the sub-continent. They're all biased when they do well, but they don't tear their cricketers apart when things are falling apart. I think India have learnt post the Chappel era. Honestly, I do watch some Pakistani shows, because a part of me really does want them to succeed if India can't as I do garner the feeling that we are all basically alike, just divided by the political lines drawn out ages ago. But, if I were a Pakistani cricketer, it would be hard to be hardcore passionate about playing for the country. Passion stems from support from your own people and unfortunately, by the powerful medium of television the Pakistan ex-cricketers and media seem hell bent on tearing their own cricketers apart day in and day out.

It is hard to tell how much respect I have for people like Misbah-Ul-Haq, Younus Khan and Shahid Afridi (T20) but it seems we respect them more than their own people, which is a very big shame. No doubt the structure in Pakistan is flawed and needs change (Limited overs only), but their test team is on the verge of the end of an era and I may add the end of a very successful, clean and triumphant era. All this mud slinging after the tests concluded was really sad. I can assure you, Chappel wouldn't have the stones to say that about India even if we lost 50 tests in Australia. He just can't.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Shoaib Akhtar has turned on some sense after his stint in India. Trust me, he is unbearable. I think Wasim Akram is sheer class. He's what an ambassador from the country should be like.

You're young at the moment, and at your age I wasn't as mature as you are at the moment, but I think when we are young we under-estimate the power of the media. If you see the media in Australia, England, SA, NZ etc. there is a lot to learn for the sub-continent. They're all biased when they do well, but they don't tear their cricketers apart when things are falling apart. I think India have learnt post the Chappel era. Honestly, I do watch some Pakistani shows, because a part of me really does want them to succeed if India can't as I do garner the feeling that we are all basically alike, just divided by the political lines drawn out ages ago. But, if I were a Pakistani cricketer, it would be hard to be hardcore passionate about playing for the country. Passion stems from support from your own people and unfortunately, by the powerful medium of television the Pakistan ex-cricketers and media seem hell bent on tearing their own cricketers apart day in and day out.

It is hard to tell how much respect I have for people like Misbah-Ul-Haq, Younus Khan and Shahid Afridi (T20) but it seems we respect them more than their own people, which is a very big shame. No doubt the structure in Pakistan is flawed and needs change (Limited overs only), but their test team is on the verge of the end of an era and I may add the end of a very successful, clean and triumphant era. All this mud slinging after the tests concluded was really sad. I can assure you, Chappel wouldn't have the stones to say that about India even if we lost 50 tests in Australia. He just can't.

The main thing is, Pakistani team doesn't seem to learn. Whereas, India is growing from series to series and chasing scores in the excess of 300, Pakistan are the same as they were 10-15 years ago. I admit we overpraise ourselfs but with the sort of performances we produce it becomes the only positive thing we can do. I know the Champions Trophy is just around the corner and I know the same bull crap will be broadcast on TV, where everyone is super excited about Pakistan but in reality, we know if Pakistan even made the semi finals that will be a massive over achievement.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
The main thing is, Pakistani team doesn't seem to learn.
This. One million times this. This is why we bash them so much after they lose. The same mistakes over and over and over again.

B

Bigby Wolf

Rashid Ali is very good im my opinion always tactical and up to the point but the main problem is the host ,he doesn't allow him to speak always interrupting and cracking some lame jokes eps. with Shoaib.
I remember the host calling Rashid ,'Ab tera kya hoga Kaalia' in one of the show and being a racist on national television.[DOUBLEPOST=1484533682][/DOUBLEPOST]
What did I not get?
His record while chasing is Bradmanesque and to do it almost every 2nd match is remarkable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Great match that. Virat Kohli has done it many a times as a player under Dhoni's captaincy, he has done it again as the captain and he is the future of Indian cricket. What can be said about Kedar? A solid innings from him for which he is known. He had a good connection with Virat - not to forget that both of them play for RCB and have done it couple of times in the last season of IPL. A fantastic finish by Pandya.

The concern now for the team is that the bowlers are not stepping up to our expectations. Ashwin is a liability in LO. Get in someone like Chahal or Jayant. But still, we have to wait and see for another game to decide the future of our bowling unit. It was a complete batting paradise and few unwanted shots costed us 4 early wickets. Rahane MUST replace Dhawan in the next game.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
And Umesh Yadav doesn't fit in ODI. He gives away too much runs. Bhuvi should replace him. Atleast he will control his length and not bowl any beamers. And let's not forget how well he bowled in death in last IPL.

Users who are viewing this thread