Story England's World Cup Dream:England vs. Zimbabwe: England make good start!

Where will England finish in the World Cup?

• Total voters
attachment.php

Interview with Ian Bell

Bobby Bob: Hi there Ladies and Gentlemen and welcome to the round-up of the England versus New Zealand. Today, England won by 5 wickets against a poor New Zealand side and I have with me the man who saved England from a batting collapse, Ian Bell who was given Man Of The Match for his batting heroics. Hi there Ian!

Ian Bell: Hi Booby, how you doing fella?

Bobby Bob: I’m fine thanks and don't call me Booby! How are you?

Ian Bell: Haha, well I won't in the future. I’m ecstatic thanks.

Bobby Bob: Brilliant, right then let’s get cracking with questions. How did you feel England did today?

Ian Bell: well, we did really well with the ball in New Zealand’s innings and probably could have had them out for less but really who is complaining. Ryan, James and Andrew did fantastic with the ball and deserved their tremendous figures they got today. In the batting, I thought it was a very strange pitch to be honest to you, it looked a good wicket to bat on but really it was doing all sorts of strange things and that’s what really did Andrew, Kevin, me and Michael in the end. Matt played a good innings which got us going and basically me and Michael went from there really.

Bobby Bob: Yes, we all thought the pitch would be a belter but it didn’t turn that way. Obviously your partnership with Michael Vaughan was very vital to England winning today, so could you tell us what the discussions were about in the middle?

Ian Bell: Well, we both knew that we may have to tip and run basically if the bad ball didn’t come, we both said that we had time to get an innings to develop to get us over the line, we didn’t think about the chance that we could lose the match as really we both have the quality to get England over the line and Michael did a fantastic job in supporting me when he could have attacked.

Bobby Bob: well you both played the right pace of innings and that helped England in the end which was good. What has Duncan Fletcher said to you after the game?

Ian Bell: Really, he hasn’t said anything about individual performances because it’s a team game and he is a firm believer in the team win the game, not the individual. He said that really the team put in the perfect performance to win but we may need to bat better in the first 10 overs as really we looked at scoring too quickly and subsequently lost wickets but other than that he said it was fine.

Bobby Bob: Now a lot of people before this game said that it would decide who would win the group, do you agree with that?

Ian Bell: Certainly not, Canada can cause a lot of problems and Kenya did get to the semi’s 4 years ago so nothing is certain. All I know is that we have to keep on performing and we have a great chance to win the group and then win the tournament.

Bobby Bob: Finally, with Canada coming up next, how do you think England will fair against them?

Ian Bell: Obviously we will be classed as the favourites as we are the test playing nation but that counts for nothing because we have got to perform very well and we then get a chance. Canada will certainly be up for this game as they could see us feeling cocky for beating New Zealand and we will have to guard against complacency otherwise all this hard work we have done today will become useless.

Bobby Bob: Ian Bell thank you and enjoy this champagne we have got for you!

Ian Bell: cheers for that and thank you for the interview.

bell_ian_gal.jpg

Ian Bell hitting one of his two 4's against New Zealand
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for the comment guys:). I don't believe that GG is apart of this story anymore which I think is a shame but I will continue as I am going because I really am enjoying this story and it's getting rid of all my stress problems that I have had for ages, plus I am glad that I am entertaining you guys aswell!:D

Last edited:
attachment.php
Match Preview
England are certain to be picked as the favourites for this match as they are the test playing nation in this game. England won the first game against New Zealand by 5 wickets in a dominant fashion which may have got them the favourites to win the group provided they keep their heads in the next 2 games.
They play a Canada side who are also fresh from a victory against Kenya where they won by 6 wickets in a very close game which could now put them in with a great chance of going through into the Super 8.
According to sources from both sides, they will be looking to bat first as they have a great chance of getting runs on the board first with a good pitch to be expected at Barbados.
Group C Table
tablezn7.jpg

Team News​
England are expected to name an unchanged side after a cracking performance against New Zealand in the last match despite Ian Bell picking up a knock on his finger during nets 2 days ago. They will hope that Andrew Strauss, Matt Prior and Kevin Pietersen can get off to a better start than they did in the first game.
Canada are also expected to be unchanged as their strongest squad did the business against Kenya a week ago. With the batting side so strong in the Canadian side, they will hope that they will put an imposing total on the board, which should put England under pressure and their inexperienced bowlers will have more chance of taking wickets.

Teams:
england.gif

England:
Prior
Strauss
Vaughan
Pietersen
Bell
Collingwood
Flintoff
Mascarenhas
Sidebottom
Panesar
Anderson

canada.gif
Canada:
Chuntey
Mahatra
Davids
Bilworth
Dillen
Sertarti
Begal
Paterson
Costingten
Johnson
Seabren

Coin Toss with Ian Botham​
sky_logo.gif
IB: Hit there and welcome to Barbados for another glorious day of cricket. Obviously I have the 2 captains with me but first of all, I have to do the pitch report and I have to tell you now, I expect a lot of runs on this pitch. It is nice and hard, there is even bounce and should carry through to the wicketkeeper quite nicely, so the batsmen shouldn?t expect anything unusual. If I won the toss, I would bat first and get the runs on the board. Right then I have the 2 captains with Michael Vaughan tossing the coin and Ian Bilworth calling, away you go!

Ian Bilworth: Heads!

IB: Heads is a call and it is a... Tail, so Michael Vaughan has won the toss, what are you going to do?

MV: we are going to bat first, it looks a great pitch to bat on and we recognise their inexperienced bowling line up!

IB: Thanks Michael and now to Ian Bilworth, what did you want to do?

Ian Bilworth: Well I wanted to bat first but it is ok, the bowlers will have to do their job and they will be fine.

IB: Thanks Ian. So there you have it, England have won the toss and elected to bat!

_42697843_mulla_getty.jpg

A picture from the last time these two met
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for all the comments that you have given so far:). I do have to apologise now though, I haven't been able to update the names of the Canadian team as the patches don't seem to work and I forgot to change Canada's names:(. Anyway I hope you still enjoy!:)

Last edited:
Soory for the long wait for this update but i have been really busy with college work and supporting my beloved Warwickshire in the 2020. Kent are going down btw lol!:p
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
attachment.php
England Innings
Canada destory England!
Canada are certainly the team on top after 10 overs as they ripped open England?s top order to leave them at 33-4 with Prior, Strauss, Vaughan and Pietersen all going. In this period, only 2 boundaries were scored and one of them was a massive 6 by Andrew Strauss.

Johnson opened up the bowling for Canada and seemed to be in trouble after the first over where he conceded 10 runs but after that he bowled 2 fantastic maidens and managed to get the wicket of Matt Prior for 10 when the ball struck him in front of the wicket. His figures were 5-2-18-1 which was brilliant when you have the 10 runs from the first over involved. Paterson also opened the bowling and with an average speed of 70 MPH, England failed to cope with him. Strauss, Vaughan and Pietersen all came to their fate because of him and with his figures of 5-0-15-3 showed how good a bowler he really is.

England are now in certain trouble, but if Bell can play like he did in the last and Collingwood can play his usual style, then England have still got a chance of getting out of the rot and putting up a decent total. However if Canada continue to strangle them for the runs, then Canada could win this game quite comfortably.

Highlights
Andrew Strauss dismissed
straussdismissednw2.jpg

Michael Vaughan dismissed
vaughandismissedyb0.jpg

Matt Prior dismissed
priordismissedql4.jpg

Kevin Pietersen dismissed
pietersendismissedcc0.jpg

Scorecard
scorecardxz6.jpg

Good lord, Canada are bowling England away. Nice Scoredcard and graphics are good aswell. England lost 3 wickets without getting another run! They need to pick themselves up from here. Good pres and good luck.

Oh dear. The typical English collapse has started once again. What the hell are they doing?

Fantastic works mate. Keep up the good works.

attachment.php

England innings
England begin to fightback!
England bought themselves right back into the game, thanks mainly to the aggression of Ian Bell in the last 6 overs between 11-20 overs. Also Paul Collingwood played a sensible supporting role to make sure that the partnership built up to 58 to get England at 87-4 in the 20th over. In this period, 12 boundaries were scored, with Ian Bell scoring 11 of them, including a massive 6 he hit off Johnson.

Johnson continued his bowling and was going really well after 7 overs of bowling but unfortunately for him Ian Bell started to hit out and he hit a six off him to ruin his figures, which were 10-2-49-1. This now means he can?t bowl again today. Paterson also put in a splendid bowling performance after 6 overs of bowling but he came on for his 7th over and Bell also got hold of him hitting 9 runs. His figures of 7-1-24-3 look good but he really will have to be disciplined now so Bell or Collingwood can?t get a hold of him and ruin his figures. Costingten also bowled a 3 over spell, which looked promising when he took a maiden in his first over but then he leaked 14 runs off the next 2 overs and was subsequently taken off. His figures of 3-1-14-0 may get worse if he comes on again.

England have now officially weathered the storm, which is good as they can now put up a challenging total for Canada to chase, providing Ian Bell and Paul Collingwood can stay there and at least get a 100 run partnership. Canada have now got to respond and maybe look at the possibility of bringing on a spinner to take the pace off the ball and hope the spin will work on the pitch. They will certainly be looking at getting the wicket of Ian Bell as he can take the game from them, which is not good for Canada.

Highlights
Solid Partnership
partnershipbuildingxm7.jpg

Manhattan
manhattanet5.jpg

Scorecard
scorecardic4.jpg

Well there is still alot of work to do by England however I think that they will at least make 175! :D

saladguy added 0 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

How come your patches do not work?

Very good partnership coming now and Bell has got to do everything for England here. 200 is still possible in my opinion.

Great graphics mate. ;)

attachment.php

England Innings
The fightback continues!
England bought themselves right back into the game, thanks mainly to the aggression of Ian Bell in the last 6 overs between 11-20 overs. Also Paul Collingwood played a sensible supporting role to make sure that the partnership built up to 58 to get England at 87-4 in the 20th over. In this period, 12 boundaries were scored, with Ian Bell scoring 11 of them, including a massive 6 he hit off Johnson.

Johnson continued his bowling and was going really well after 7 overs of bowling but unfortunately for him Ian Bell started to hit out and he hit a six off him to ruin his figures, which were 10-2-49-1. This now means he can’t bowl again today. Paterson also put in a splendid bowling performance after 6 overs of bowling but he came on for his 7th over and Bell also got hold of him hitting 9 runs. His figures of 7-1-24-3 look good but he really will have to be disciplined now so Bell or Collingwood can’t get a hold of him and ruin his figures. Costingten also bowled a 3 over spell, which looked promising when he took a maiden in his first over but then he leaked 14 runs off the next 2 overs and was subsequently taken off. His figures of 3-1-14-0 may get worse if he comes on again.

England have now officially weathered the storm, which is good as they can now put up a challenging total for Canada to chase, providing Ian Bell and Paul Collingwood can stay there and at least get a 100 run partnership. Canada have now got to respond and maybe look at the possibility of bringing on a spinner to take the pace off the ball and hope the spin will work on the pitch. They will certainly be looking at getting the wicket of Ian Bell as he can take the game from them, which is not good for Canada.

Highlights
Ian Bell reaches 50
bell50hr3.jpg

Paul Collingwood reaches 50
collingwood50ae4.jpg

Scorecard
scorecardjy4.jpg
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How come your patches do not work?
They do work now lol!:p

Anyway it's quiz time again!!! Same rules apply, 2000VCASH spot on or 1500 for the Closest, Good Luck!! Here is the Question:
How many runs will England get in their Innings?
Guesses:
Saladguy: 225
Pakistani Army: 235
Adyhorn: 263
GG: 250
Jaztheman: 295

Last edited:
England will get 225 runs! :D

Users who are viewing this thread