Story England's World Cup Dream:England vs. Zimbabwe: England make good start!

Where will England finish in the World Cup?

• Total voters
I think England will get 235 runs in their Innings. As for England they have recovered very well.

Great graphics and detail mate. Keep up the great works.

Just to let you know guys an update will be done tomorrow as I have been away for the past few days watching Ian Bell get a double hundred and Chris Martin get a five-wicket haul for Warwickshire against Gloucestershire in a county game, brilliant is all I can say!:D

:happy :happy Go England, Go England, win the world cup. :happy :happy

attachment.php

England Innings
Partnership continues as massive score looks for certain!
England once again dominated during overs 31-40 as Ian Bell and Paul Collingwood both reached 97 not out in an unbeaten stand of 197. Collingwood once again was the aggressor as he hit 7 of the 9 boundaries that occurred. Canada have been very poor with their slow bowling and have certainly been punished the right way by two outstanding players of spin.

Costingten bowled 3 overs in this period and was completely punished by Collingwood and Bell who got a hold of his gentle fast pace. His figures are now 8-1-55-0, which has definitely helped England get a foot-hold in the game and maybe more. Mahatra replaced Davids at the other end and managed to bowl 5 very poor overs which went at nearly 7 an over as Collingwood picked the spin up very early. His figures of 5-0-37-0 have given England a strong chance to post up an enormous total. Seabren came on for 1 over and didn?t change the flow of runs as he was hit for 6 runs off the over, also Davids came on for 1 over and was hit for 8 runs by Collingwood.

At this rate, England could easily post a total of over 300 on the board especially with Bell and Collingwood at the crease being very close to their centuries. Canada has to be very disciplined with their bowling and fielding if they want to constrict England to a total less than 270. The only thing they can count on is that this partnership can be broken as it has now lasted 32 overs, then they can bowl at players who haven?t got their eye in, so will be easier to bowl out.

Highlights
Solid Partnership
solidpartnershipyl9.jpg

Scorecard
scorecarddj6.jpg
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cheers for all the support in your comments guys, it is really appreciated!:cheers, next update will be up tomorrow!:)

attachment.php

England Innings
England set Canada incredible total!
England reached 333-4 at the end of their 50 overs thanks to an unbeaten 304 run partnership between Ian Bell, 171, and Paul Collingwood, 128. Bell enjoyed hitting 11 fours and 1 six as he scored 74 runs by himself in the 10 over period. Paul Collingwood was frankly slow compared to Bell but still managed to hit 31 runs, including 4 fours during this period.

Costingten bowled his final 2 overs and was completely destroyed by the intelligent stroke play of Ian Bell as he went for 18 runs off the 2 overs. His figures of 10-1-73-0 showed how bad a day he had with the ball. Mahatra bowled unchanged at the other end and smashed round the park by both Bell and Collingwood as he went for 10-0-95-0 showing he had the worst day with the ball and the worst figures so far in the World Cup. Seabren and Davids kept on rotating after Costingten had finished bowling and were both punished with some brutal shots from the bat of Bell as they both finished with similar figures, except Seabren went for 2 more runs than Davids proving how great the England batsmen were and how poor the Canadian bowling was.

England have clear control of this match and have really deserved their 333 as Bell and Collingwood both put a disciplined display of batting in. The only worry was the top 4 failed to put up any resistance again and that may cost them in games against stronger opposition. Canada will be very disappointed with themselves as they looked like they had England on the ropes at 29-4 with the top 4 gone, but this bowling display showed that they are weak after the 2 front line bowlers as the figures show with Johnson and Paterson going for less than 5 an over meanwhile the others went at 7, 8 or 9 an over.

England now looked certain to win but they must be disciplined as Canada do have an aggressive side about them as was shown when they chased down 267 against Kenya last time, but really England do have better bowlers and probably should not slip up. Canada do have to bat well but they don?t have to slog straight away as the England innings showed with the score being at 27 after 10 overs and if they don?t panic then they could still have a chance.

Highlights
Ian Bell reaches his century
bell100hw3.jpg

Collingwood reaches his century
collingwood100xu8.jpg

Manhattan
manhattanox8.jpg

Scorecard
scorecardds4.jpg
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The next update will be about the Sky Sports analysis of the England Innings but I don't know when that will be put up. Thank you all who took part in the quiz :cheersand Jaz has won the 1500VCASH as he was the closest even though he was still 38 runs off the actual total with 295. Keep those comments coming!:cheers

WTF! How the hell did England get 107 runs in 10 overs?
Anyway KUTGW Audrey.

Giggity Giggity added 1 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

Congrats on 100 posts.

WOW! That was a brilliant comeback from England. Brilliant batting from Colly and Bell.

Great works mate. Great story!

Nicely played from Bell and Collingwood. The rest just watched from the pavillion.

sky-sports.jpg

sdcricket.jpg
canada.gif

Sky Sports Analysis centre with David Gower, Ian Botham and Anderson Cummings
DAVGOW_h250.jpg
p47-Ian%20Botham.jpg
_42689593_cummins_getty270.jpg

DG: Hello and welcome to the Sky Sports Analysis centre in Barbados. If you have just joined us, England reached 333-4 in their 50 overs thanks to a record WorldCup partnership of 304 by Ian Bell, who reaches 171 and Paul Collingwood, who reached 128. In the centre with me are Ian Botham and Anderson Cummins and we will analyse the England Innings.
Right then I can see that Beefy is raring to go so I won?t let him wait any longer.

IB: Thanks David, Well I must admit after 10 overs I was swearing at the monitor when I was watching a diabolical start that England made to this innings. Losing 4 wickets in the first 10 overs is not acceptable and really the 4 batsmen should be punished, however Ian Bell and Paul Collingwood played the perfect innings in my book and steadied the ship at first then they accelerated at the end of the innings to get England this total. Really, Canada didn?t deserve that but hey I?m English, we will take everything!

DG: Haha, well said Beefy and I do think Canada were hard done by. Right then Anderson would you like to talk about the Canadian bowling?

AC: Not really no!

DG: Oh go on!

AC: Oh alright then, we made a great start thanks to Johnson and Paterson but after that we had no bowling at all, we were caned around the park and actually we did deserve it in a way. They bowled back of a length and you know that Bell and Collingwood will punish you for that, total rubbish but at least it isn?t over 350.

DG: Well the figures do suggest you are right. Ok back to Beefy, what do think the England Bowlers have to do now with such a good total to defend?

IB: It?s clear really, full and straight, the Canadians can?t score off them and be honest to you, England should have no problem defending this sort of total on that kind of wicket, especially with the bowling we have in Sidebottom, Anderson, Flintoff and Panesar as our leading 4.

DG: That is for certain that England have a better bowling attack than Kenya, no offence to Canada but this should be easy to defend. Going to you now Anderson, if they manage to do it, how are they going to get it?

AC: Well, Canada have to not lose wickets early on otherwise we will definitely not get the total but if they don?t then we have got the necessary firepower in the top and middle order to do the damage and that is the only way we can win it to be honest with you. Oh, and also if we can score a lot of runs off Monty Panesar, then that can help.

DG: Thank you very much Anderson and I have just heard the England fielders are coming out, so let?s go straight the match.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the last update for the next 3 days, as I am going to Silverstone to watch the Formula 1 that is happening this weekend! Oh and cheers for the comments:cheers, I feel honoured that so many of you are reading this!:)

Users who are viewing this thread