English Domestic Cricket 2007

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
lv-cricket-logo-11883.gif
natwest-pro40-13402.gif
twenty20-cup-5108.gif
cg-257.gif

There was demand for it in the Feedback thread and Kev give the go ahead to start it so here.

You can find all of the official 2007 season fixtures from HERE.

In the Liverpool Victoria County Championship it will reigning champions Sussex who will be defending the crown against what will surely be stronger opposition this time around. Amongst favourites for dethroning Sussex this year are last year's runners-up Lancashire and the highly fancied Hampshire. Worcestershire and Surrey are welcomed back into Division 1 whereas Middlesex and the 2005 champions Nottinghamshire will be fighting in Division 2.

The Pro40 competition returns and hopefully the teams can do a better job adapting to it than they did last season. Essex will no doubt be one of the dominant teams in Division 1, but Durham and Middlesex will have to get used to division 2 due to their relegation.

The much loved Twenty20 competition is sire to thrill fans of all ages again and defending champions Leicestershire will have a tough job of retaining their trophy this time around.

Sussex will also have to fight tooth and nail to hold on to the C&G trophy which they famously won in a terrific final at Lords last summer. Runners-up Lancashire will no doubt want redemption and there will be a whole host of other teams who fancy their chances of glory this season.

I'm optimistic looking forward this year as a Somerset fan. We have Caddick holding together our pace bowling attack which can be worrying at times, but it only gets better from there.

We have Langer in as Captain, full time, Cameron White will also be coming back and then onto the good stuff. Trescothick looks to be done in International Cricket, so it's conceivable that he could play a lot more games, plus we have Ian Blackwell back from his shoulder injury. Langer and Trescothick to open in our first CC match? Sounds good to me.

With a bit of luck and Murali playing quite a lot of the season I'm pretty confident Lancashire have a great chance in the County Championship. Theres an upside if SuperMal doesn't do well for England, we don't really want to be missing him.

Anyone got any news on who's sponsering the ex-C&G Trophy?

PhilD123 said:
Anyone got any news on who's sponsering the ex-C&G Trophy?
Not yet. Its still being refered to as the ECB One Day Trophy.

We miss Mushy for the first few games of the season as he's still in the World Cup with Pakistan, if they haven't sacked him of course.

No great changes for us, a seamer in called Liddle which will help our depth in bowling. Maybe Wright will kick on this season too.

Hope Hampshire Do well...considering that they will have Shane Warne for a full Season! Anyone know who Andrew Symonds is going to play for???

Hooper said:
Hope Hampshire Do well...considering that they will have Shane Warne for a full Season! Anyone know who Andrew Symonds is going to play for???
Well for a time it looked like Symo would go to Lancs but we've got Hodge and Murali, so he wont be going to OT. I think he will go somewhere in the county circuit though.

Hooper said:
symo won't play county as he wants to host his own fishing show

Is Symmo not playing coz he wants to make a fishing show??? Even Better!!!!

I hope Northants have re-signed Rogers and Klusener, they were brilliant last season Klusener over 50 with bat and some wickets and Rogers just scored freely including 312. Promotion will be hard but after a good end to last season but we have a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread