English Domestic Cricket 2007

Leicester Fox said:
58 wow Rikki Clarke made more at a better strike rate :p the futures bright,the futures Broad.
Yes but this aint about what he made :rolleyes: it's about watching him bat for the first time since his pulling out of the ashes. Much more important than a Rikki Clarke slog or Broad fluke wickets...

(well maybe not fluke but still not important :p)

Can you believe that 'commentator' talking about how Ian Blackwell should be the 'first name' on the England ODI team sheet!? :eek:

He bowled superbly today but I still don't think he should even be included in the England side. He needs to prove himself consistant at county level before being considered. Who was the commentator?

treva said:
Yes but this aint about what he made :rolleyes: it's about watching him bat for the first time since his pulling out of the ashes. Much more important than a Rikki Clarke slog or Broad fluke wickets...
Hes batted since the ashes. The TV cameras won't make any difference to him with his experience,they'll just have been a few more nerves.Its when he plays at international level that the real test will come

treva said:
He bowled superbly today but I still don't think he should even be included in the England side. He needs to prove himself consistant at county level before being considered. Who was the commentator?

He was terrible against India. Either bowled through the gate or deceived by a slower ball every match.

Not sure who the commentator was, not a regular commentator. Someone called 'Steve'

Leicester Fox said:
Hes batted since the ashes. The TV cameras won't make any difference to him with his experience,they'll just have been a few more nerves.Its when he plays at international level that the real test will come
No it's about seeing him bat as I said. He looks in great form and when he does come back to the England side, he will maintain the status of England's best opening batsman and maybe overall batsman level with Pietersen.

Will_NA said:
He was terrible against bowled. Either bowled through the gate or deceived by a slower ball every match.

Not sure who the commentator was, not a regular commentator. Someone called 'Steve'
Steve Jones

Last edited:
treva said:
No it's about seeing him bat as I said. He looks in great form and when he does come back to the engalnd side, he will mintain the status of England's best opening batsman and maybe overall batsman level with Pietersen.

Steve Jones

He averages 15 in ODIs and 4 in Tests. There is no way he will rank along side with KP or Tres.

Will_NA said:
He averages 15 in ODIs and 4 in Tests. There is no way he will rank along side with KP or Tres.
I was talking about Tresco lol :p

There is no way I would even think Blackwell as a england batsman let alone best batsman lol!

treva said:
I was talking about Tresco lol :p

There is no way I would even think Blackwell as a england batsman let alone best batsman lol!

Oh, lol. I was stuck on the subject of Blackwell. :p

treva said:
No it's about seeing him bat as I said. He looks in great form and when he does come back to the engalnd side, he will maintain the status of England's best opening batsman and maybe overall batsman level with Pietersen.
So its about him because you're watching him on tv? lol its about him for you but your opinion does not represent every single cricket fan in England,I'm sure some are more bothered about their own teams and players. If he'd got a golden duck I don't think the Sussex fans would have complained

In my opinion Michael Yardy is in as the Left armer, batsman and it will take some very good months for Blackwell to get back as NO1 in that position...

Leicester Fox said:
So its about him because you're watching him on tv? lol its about him for you but your opinion does not represent every single cricket fan in England,I'm sure some are more bothered about their own teams and players. If he'd got a golden duck I don't think the Sussex fans would have complained
Well neither does your opinion. I'm sure there are a lot more people wanting to watch and are more bothered about tresco than they are about Broad :rolleyes:

treva said:
Well neither does your opinion. I'm sure there are a lot more people wanting to watch and are more bothered about tresco than they are about Broad :rolleyes:
yeah but i was joking about Broad being the centre of attention today. :rolleyes:

Leicester Fox said:
yeah but i was joking about Broad being the centre of attention today. :rolleyes:
Yeh and I aint joking about tresco being the centre of attention. Out of all of the players today I'm 100% sure that at the start of the day, most people were wanting to see how Tresco got on more than any other batsman batting today...

treva said:
Yeh and I aint joking about tresco being the centre of attention. Out of all of the players today I'm 100% sure that at the start of the day, most people were wanting to see how Tresco got on more than any other batsman batting today...
Doesn't mean nobody cares about Broad though

Leicester Fox said:
Doesn't mean nobody cares about Broad though
I never meant that, as I know for a fact that you and a lot of Leicestershire fans do. All I'm saying is more people are interested in how Tresco batted today than Broad bowled. I want Broad to do well and see him improve to a great England fast bowler.

Users who are viewing this thread