English Domestic Cricket 2007

Sureshot said:
It's already been accepted by the council Sam....

I didn't exactly say he should be in the team asap, just I wouldn't object to his inclusion.

It's been "initially passed" - theres going to be an appeal. So the more people behind it the better. I hope it doesn't turn into a falmer fiasco.

I can't see it tbh Sam. Falmer involved the highest members of parliament, this involves just the council. There will always be someone appealing against this (presumably from those flats on the south of the ground).

Kev said:
I think its important not to get too carried away. Lets not forget Surrey play in Div2 for Pro40 and only got promoted to Div1 of the Championship this season, and Gloucestershire are newly promoted to Div1 for Pro40 and play championship in div2.

I'm not saying he's not worth a shot in the future but there is quite a step up from playing in a match between these two teams and facing India or the West Indies.
He's been very consistent, though. Exceptionally consistent for a young player. Indeed, eyes would have been watching him well before his debut for Surrey. There's not much point waiting and wondering, while England need attacking top order batsmen. A player like that isn't going to learn anything about playing India or the West Indies sitting at home smashing average bowlers on flat wickets. The sooner he is on the road gathering experience and the sooner England's coaching staff are made available to him, the more use he will be.

Sureshot said:
I can't see it tbh Sam. Falmer involved the highest members of parliament, this involves just the council. There will always be someone appealing against this (presumably from those flats on the south of the ground).

Wouldn't a development stop balls flying through their windows as happens so much when Hove is on Sky :p

angryangy said:
He's been very consistent, though. Exceptionally consistent for a young player. Indeed, eyes would have been watching him well before his debut for Surrey. There's not much point waiting and wondering, while England need attacking top order batsmen. A player like that isn't going to learn anything about playing India or the West Indies sitting at home smashing average bowlers on flat wickets. The sooner he is on the road gathering experience and the sooner England's coaching staff are made available to him, the more use he will be.
Thats why we need more England A tours. You shouldn't make it into the England squad until you are better than someone that is there already.

i just have to say this again i cant help it
yorkshire to all the titles this season bar the 20/20 title

with a batting line up like that and a bowling line up of gough,gillespie,rashid,hoggard is just awesome and they may well be the chelsea of county cricket this year

gambino said:
i just have to say this again i cant help it
yorkshire to all the titles this season bar the 20/20 title

with a batting line up like that and a bowling line up of gough,gillespie,rashid,hoggard is just awesome and they may well be the chelsea of county cricket this year

The batting looks solid with Younis and Rudolph, But they'll have to keep scoring runs and a lot of runs to support a fairly average batting side around them.

The bowling side?
Hoggard with be off with England most of the year, Gough won't play a lot of matches; he didn't for Essex, his body cannot take it, he needs regular rest. Gillespie, fair shout.
Rashid? Very Raw. He's had a good start but because he's only young it could all fall to pieces so quickly.

gambino said:
they may well be the chelsea of county cricket this year
Let's hope so, because chelsea arent winning the premiership or the champions league :p

We're at Canterbury tomorrow to get another 22 points. It'll be like going to a cashpoint...

You have to be careful at cashpoints these days sureshot, you may get more than you bargin for when you tap your pin number in ;)

What a come back by the might Northants :D

Got torn apart for the first half of the day with Cook getting a hundred and then reached 266-2. Then Crook got 4 wickets in very quick succession and Klusener got a couple leaving Essex at 311/9 :D Last 5 wickets all 0

Excellent comeback from Lancashire and for the first time this season they have proven their Championship pedigree somewhat. Keedy is in some great form so far this season.

Users who are viewing this thread