English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters
The ECB have approved a 150% increase in prize money for the 2009 LV County Championship with the total sum for the winners rising from £100,000 to £500,000.

The players of the winning county will receive £350,000 in prize money and the county picking up £150,000 as a reward payment.

The total prize money and reward payment for the LV County Championship will rise to £1,060,000.

The runners up will receive £225,000 of which £175,000 will go to the players and £50,000 to the County. In 2008 the runners-up received £40,000.

Prize money for the Friends Provident Trophy and Pro40 will also increase.

Yasir Arafat back at Sussex, sure Nigel is happier about that than me! Not available for the entire season but a fantastic signing for Sussex in my opinion (that's maybe because I'm a bit biased).

I'd completely agree Kev. Experienced in the county season, which held against Sami (Arafat is better anyway). Very good signing to replace the irreplaceable.

Disappointed he didn't come back to us, I guess that's relegation for you. Although we do seem to be looking for a single overseas player for the entire season these days, even though this means we'll miss out on high profile players I do actually prefer this policy as the player becomes part of the team rather than just a mercenary in many peoples eyes. Having said that look forward to seeing Yasir at Sussex, I'm sure I'll be down to watch him play he's a top bloke and I need to see at least one decent CCh match next year and playing Northants or Derby doesn't fill me with excitement that's for sure!

People may complain about stanford but it's good to see his money is being put to good use.

So Lancashire's pitch once again gets wrecked mid-season, this time with 5 days of Take that. More importantly, Peter Marron has quit as Lancashire groundsman today, a real shame, always produces a really good test wicket that is respected around the world. Still going to be doing bits of work on the reorientation of the square in a couple of years though.

Ed Joyce has moved to Sussex from Middlesex. Sussex sure splashing the cash with this one, I know what his wage demands are when he was linked with Kent (He was WAY out of our price range)

Sureshot, how do you feel knowing Yasir will miss the entire FPT program?

First I've heard of it. International duty?

It'll be a blow, maybe we bring in someone for that period. As I presume he misses the CC games during that time?

Not international, he's playing in some tin pot 20 over tournament somewhere in the subcontinent. And yes he'll miss the CC games in that time too (think thats only 3 matches mind). More if his team gets to the final

If counties are smart they'll wait till after some sort of auction has finished in India before signing overseas players, I believe its held in January.

Not international, he's playing in some tin pot 20 over tournament somewhere in the subcontinent. And yes he'll miss the CC games in that time too (think thats only 3 matches mind). More if his team gets to the final

If counties are smart they'll wait till after some sort of auction has finished in India before signing overseas players, I believe its held in January.

Yay! I think we'll have a replacement for that time. Can't say I'm pleased he'll be away, after all, he is a quality all round player. However, I can't blame him for wanting that sort of cash.

Things look optimistic for Derbyshire next year, should be challenging for promotion in both forms and a sneaky chance for the T20. Chris Rogers should be a much better captain than Rikki Clarke and hopfully Clare can continue his rise, interesting to see how Lawson does after his move

Users who are viewing this thread