English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'll say exactly what I said last season. It may have been Liverpool who outplayed United today, but it'll be the latter who outplay Liverpool over the course of the season.

And I see Carragher got away with another blatant red card yet again. I remember him spear tackling Lescott at Goodison a couple fo seasons back and not only did he avoid a sending off, we somehow didn't get a penalty for it.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Fair play to Liverpool - they were more up for it than us and deserved their win. However, Carragher should've gone for pulling Owen down, as he would've had a clear shot on goal and had he scored, I'd imagine we would've closed up shop given our poor performance and I doubt we would've left the room for Liverpool's second goal.

Very nice goal by Owen in the Carling Cup against Barnsley - as the commentator said, that was a vintage Owen goal - more of the same please, Michael.

Interesting comment by Capello, calling Owen 'my torment' - not the words of a man who 'doesn't like Owen' as many have said... :)

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Nothing new, that is kind of the problem, Arsenal don't maintain offensive pressure once they take the lead. It is largely why they do play as if they are in the state of purgatory and end up doing neither defending the lead, nor killing off the game. The end of the day result is not a disaster but it was irritating. Arshavin and Eboue looked terrible in the second half. Arshawin should have been subbed off, his failure to contribute and his negative attitude were pretty noticeable. Not taking away anything from West Ham, Credit to them for not giving up, but Arsenal really do need to shape up their drive, they need to know how much this is hurting the fans. Whatever If Arsenal lose it against Spurs, then it would be disaster.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Lol Spurs. Owned. And that also with Clean sheet, you hardly seen that with Arsenal lately. Don't know what is wrong with Liverpool? Man City(Sadly) certainly going to break in top four this year.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Cllichy out for a month with a stress fracture. He misses the Chelsea match. Shame when he was finally beginning to show some form. West Ham and especially Tottenham were, by far, his best performances of the season. Other than that, he has been erratic and made appalling decisions.

At least Gibbs now gets a go. He's shown he's more than up to it. Our injury list is collecting names more rapidly than I hoped.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah, 4 draws in a row. MASSIVE

Did not see that coming, Phill? :p I meant there long vision. I did not mean by their current form but they look like more composed than last season. You can't write off Man City, though I think they are a bit inconsistent. Mark my word they would be in top 4 at the end of the season.
Anyway if you look all the teams so far, one would say Arsenal has been contenders for the EPL title. But I can not see them finishing higher then second. Season is just so young; we are not even at half stage so I guess early time to call.

At least Gibbs now gets a go. He's shown he's more than up to it. Our injury list is collecting names more rapidly than I hoped.

Injury always has been worry for Arsenal. UEFA knock out stages are near and I think Arsenal will find it difficult to rotate the players. injury crisis, seriously. If I am not wrong then 10 players are not available due to injury and that is good enough number to impact on Arsenal's title run.

Is there something wrong with Arsenal's training methods or Physio? I know injury is purely about luck and almost happens to every other team but Arsenal certainly need to revise there whole training and medical system.

Last edited:

PhilD123

International Coach
We'll get at least a draw out of this.

You heard it here first (and after all the negative press this week, I think that's probably true).

EDIT: I didn't count for inept refereeing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread