English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Nah, that's silly. They aren't performing that well in the Champions League as it is. Why reward even more mediocrity? In that case, La Liga should also be offered another spot because Real Sociedad, Malaga, Valencia, and Real Betis are really battling it out.

Hold up one bad season this year, don't make C-League clubs mediocre, lets not forget since Porto won the CL in 03/04, English clubs were always present in the final every year except the 0/10.

Fact is England have 5 C-League quality clubs. However i'm not really starting a campaign that they should have that 5th spot, spreading it around to weaker leagues surely is right thing.

Just saying the media criticism being created when any of chelsea, spurs, arsenal drop points & the bashing the club that will miss out @ the end of season will surely get is pretty dumb & misses the point about how good those clubs are.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Richards starting with Rodwell on the bench, hope it all goes well and we see at least 30 minutes of Rodwell tonight.

Personally would've given Aguero a well deserved rest and started Dzeko with Tevez, but meh.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Lucky 3 points in the end there, in a way I'm kinda glad Wigan were up to it and we weren't, complacency should play no part come the FA cup final.

What a goal from Tevez though, absolute beauty, now if only he'd sign that extension...

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Lucky 3 points in the end there, in a way I'm kinda glad Wigan were up to it and we weren't, complacency should play no part come the FA cup final.

What a goal from Tevez though, absolute beauty, now if only he'd sign that extension...

Just goes to show, you can't underestimate anyone.

We were a bit rubbish tonight vs West Ham; 2-2 was probably a decent result in the end. We never really got started in my opinion and West Ham were very good value for their point.

As I said a while back, I can see City eroding the lead to a more respectable level now - we should really take this chance to make a real statement to them and everyone else in the league. At least RvP's started scoring again, even though he was offside for his goal.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Ian Darke on the espn uk makes a fair point on "Big Sam" as a coach. West Ham now are are playing just like Bolton, BlackBurn & Newcastle did back in the days. Physical football with the teams always around the top 10. Fans may not like it the styple, but he keeps teams in the league & its funny when he left those previous teams all of them either were relegated.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
I think they will, other than most of the CL ties, more often than not our guys have turned up for the big games, so expecting the same for Sunday...

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Tbh the only interest in the PL left this season is who will get the final CL spot and who is the third team relegated.
I suspect Spurs will be 5th given their fixtures and hope Villa will be relegated. Suspect Stoke though.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
I've been saying all season Spurs have plenty of time to throw away their decent position. Level of short termism in football journalism these days is just ridiculous. I believe about 3/4 months ago most of the MoTD team and most press had Wenger out, Spurs challenging Man City and Chelsea in chaos.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Tbh the only interest in the PL left this season is who will get the final CL spot and who is the third team relegated.
I suspect Spurs will be 5th given their fixtures and hope Villa will be relegated. Suspect Stoke though.

Chelsea have got a tougher fixture list in comparison to Spurs and Arsenal, but I think they'll somehow make 3rd and I reckon the 4th spot will be a bit of a coin flip between Arsenal and Spurs. As far as who the 3rd relegation team is... mhm, I'm thinking it's a coin flip between Stoke and Villa.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
The last relegation place is between Wigan and Stoke for me. Wigan have the toughest run in and Stoke have been awful.

As for the rest, Sunderland I think will be energised by Di Canio's arrival, Villa are starting to get it together, Newcastle have a bit too much quality to go down, and as for ourselves, we've been all but safe for a while and a win or two would take us out of the picture.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
After looking at Wigan's fixture list, yeh, it's definitely between Stoke and Wigan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread