India
AUS..
RCB...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The Boys
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
1X8M68d.png

Bids for hosting the 2002 EUROCON Europa League is now open! I had already mentioned the details in the EUROCON GC (Group Conversation). But for those who missed it and the general public, the tournament will be held in a knockout-format. 14 teams will be participating, out of which top-2 highest ranked Test nations at the start of the year (Guernsey and Spain) will be given byes for the first round.​

HTML:
Round 1 (pre-quarterfinals):
PQF1: Netherlands vs 14
PQF2: Norway vs Malta
PQF3: Denmark vs Wales
PQF4: Greece vs Poland
PQF5: England vs Israel
PQF6: Italy vs Finland

Round 2 (quarter-finals):
QF1: Guernsey vs (winner of ITA v FIN)
QF2: Spain vs (winner of ENG v ISR)
QF3: (winner of NED v 14) vs (winner of GRE v POL)
QF4: (winner of NOR v MAL) vs (winner of DEN v WAL)

Round 3 (semi-finals):
SF1: QF1 vs QF4
SF2: QF2 vs QF3

Round 4 (final):
SF1 vs SF2

Tentative Dates:
Round 1: 17-21 June
Round 2: 25-29 June
Round 3: 03-07 July
Round 4: 11-15 July

Teams can submit their bids (joint-bids, unless they have 6 stadiums). Netherlands, Norway and Greece are not allowed to host since they already have hosted one event in the 1999-2003 FTP cycle (Norway will host the 2003 EUROs). Joint-bids must be countries close to each other so that any travel involved between matches will make sense time-wise. Submit your bids in this format:

Code:
Hosting nation(s):
Stadiums used: Name (Pitch type)

Stadium 1: which matches will it host
Stadium 2:
and so on...

If you don't want to bid, then please say so. Then we can end this process quicker. We will wait for 1 week for managers to post their bids, unless all managers have posted whether they are interested or not.

@Paranoid Kendroid @Supreme General @Manish. @Neptune @Umair7 @ddrap14 @HighFlyingDwarf @DuneTiger @Guesty98 @Welwyn
Voting for picking hosts for 2002 Europa League is now OPEN!!!
Whichever nation(s) get(s) 7 votes will be declared as the host(s).

Option 1: Denmark (@Paranoid Kendroid )
Option 2: England & Wales (@Supreme General & @Welwyn )

Scotland (@LordTiger ) will also be part of the EUROCON but their vote will starting having weightage from 2003 onwards. They will be counted as a full member at the end of the 2002 season.

Obviously, votes of non EUROCON members won't be counted so it would be appreciated if such people don't vote unless one nation already has a majority.
You can vote for yourself. It would be weird if you won't. Poll will run for 7 days!

@Paranoid Kendroid @Supreme General @Manish. @Targaryen @Neptune @Umair7 @ddrap14 @HighFlyingDwarf @NaviN GandhI @Neo 7 @DuneTiger @Guesty98 @Welwyn

Edit: In case of a tie, host will be randomly chosen. Look at what I did for 2001 EUROs to know more.

Last edited:

Welwyn

County Cricketer
Hosting nation(s): ENGLAND & WALES
Stadiums used: ENGLAND: Lords (Normal), The Oval (Excellent), Old Trafford (Poor), Bristol (Poor), Headingley (Normal), Edgbaston (Normal), Trent Bridge (Excellent). WALES: Sophia Gardens (Normal), St. Helens (Normal), Colwyn Bay (Excellent).

Stadiums listed below in order of capacity:
LORDS: QF 2, FINAL
THE OVAL: PQF 5, SF 2
OLD TRAFFORD: PQF 6, QF 3
EDGBASTON: PQF 1 (If required), QF 1
BRISTOL: PQF 2
SOPHIA GARDENS: QF 4, SF 1
ST. HELENS: PQF 3
COLWYN BAY: PQF 4

Can we just make our case:

Organised to limit travel distances for teams. All traditional cricket grounds. Four grounds over 25k and a Lord's final!!

Paranoid Kendroid

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
India
AUS..
RCB...
The Boys
Since England (@Supreme General ) & Wales (@Welwyn ) already have the majority, they are declared as joint-hosts for the 2002 EUROCON Europa League!
Congratulations.

I think this is the 4th hosting bid put by Denmark for a WoC event and we lost all of them. Not very loved among other members, I see.

Voting Distribution:
England/Wales: 8 votes - @Supreme General (England), @Welwyn (Wales), @Umair7 (Israel), @Targaryen (Greece), @Neo 7 (Norway), @Neptune (Guernsey), @DuneTiger (Poland), @HighFlyingDwarf (Malta)
Denmark: 1 vote - @Paranoid Kendroid (Denmark)

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
Since England (@Supreme General ) & Wales (@Welwyn ) already have the majority, they are declared as joint-hosts for the 2002 EUROCON Europa League!
Congratulations.

I think this is the 4th hosting bid put by Denmark for a WoC event and we lost all of them. Not very loved among other members, I see.

Voting Distribution:
England/Wales: 8 votes - @Supreme General (England), @Welwyn (Wales), @Umair7 (Israel), @Targaryen (Greece), @Neo 7 (Norway), @Neptune (Guernsey), @DuneTiger (Poland), @HighFlyingDwarf (Malta)
Denmark: 1 vote - @Paranoid Kendroid (Denmark)
Blame Aksel.

Damn this was brutal tbh

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
I think this is the 4th hosting bid put by Denmark for a WoC event and we lost all of them. Not very loved among other members, I see
Denmark already has the best squad with top rated players in it. Why would any other team give away the added home advantage.

Paranoid Kendroid

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
India
AUS..
RCB...
The Boys
Denmark already has the best squad with top rated players in it. Why would any other team give away the added home advantage.
My brother in christ, we are not even a top-10 test nation at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread