Exclusive Interview with Surrey Youngster, Stuart Meaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
94092.jpg

(c)Cricinfo. Stuart Meaker bowls for Surrey on his debut in late 2008.

PlanetCricket have been given the exclusive opportunity to conduct an interview with young Surrey fast bowler, Stuart Meaker. Tipped as one of the brighter prospects of the England bowling scene, Meaker is currently working his way up the bowling ranks and into the eyes of the country's selectors.

Meaker worked his way through the Surrey age groups and played for his secondary's schools first team for 5 years. Legend has it he was not allowed to bowl in the inter house matches at the younger age levels as it was too much of an advantage for his house. In 2003 Meaker won 3 awards, the Daily Telegraph fast bowling award, the channel 4 team player award and AA Thompson fielding award.

Meaker was handed a one year contract for Surrey in 2008 before he was called up to the England U 19 World Cup Squad in Malaysia. Appearances were limited in 2008 but impressed on his First Class debut taking 3/86.

The Season started brightly for the fast bowler who taking career best figures of 5/48 in an innings in a match which Surrey went on to unfortunately lose. He also showed his skill with bat coming together with Matthew Spriegel to compile 94 runs in 3 day match against one of the summer visitors Bangladesh.

PlanetCricket is offering the chance to it's members for them to ask Stuart any questions they wish and the responses will be posted up after he has finished answering of the valuable questions. We hope some insightful and a vast array of questions will be offered out to the young fast bowler.

Planet Cricket would also like to thank Stuart for giving them this chance to ask him some questions.​

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
What has been the toughest challenge you have faced on the cricketing field?

How is life as a bowler in English County Cricket? With the effects of T20, how do you see bowling - fast bowling specifically - change in the future?

How does a fast bowler stay fit and healthy through the course of the long cricketing season (and the off season)?

Thanks!

P

pcfan123

Do you think Test cricket is still every cricketers ultimate goal? Especially amongst the youngsters in the county circuit.

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Do you think Test cricket is still every cricketers ultimate goal? Especially amongst the youngsters in the county circuit.

This.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Thanks for the first few questions to get the ball rolling, remember questions can be about anything, from how he felt on his debut, to where he sees himself in the future. From KP's usual Graeme or Bobo question to what sort of music he likes.

Granted many of the members outside of the UK may not have heard of young Meaker but this more than just interviewing him personally. Younger members of the forum can also ask tips about fast bowling or breaking into the circuit. Use this chance to gain insight into a young cricketers mind!

Also, we will be looking at increasing the number of Interviews we are gonna contest as we see it as somewhere we can improve. We have some good names lined up ;)

Last edited:

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
What would you rather. A huge one million dollar IPL contract, or a test cap for England?

He's gonna definately get in the England side, because he's South African :p

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
How important is pure physical strength when trying to bowl fast? Does it play a big role in the pace of the bowl, or its more or less balanced by a good bowling technique?

If that was difficult to understand (might very well be, I have difficulty explaining the question), what I basically want to know is that does brute strength play a bigger role in increasing pace of a bowl or the bowling technique(Like bowling action)?

Aditya

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
T20 cricket, One day cricket and Test cricket. Which of these three formats is your favorite format?

How was the experience of making your first class debut? How were you feeling when you went to the field and bowled your first class debut first bowl?

Sureshot

Executive member
The Kolpak ruling is one of the most controversial in English cricket, but what impact has Andre Nel had on your game?

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
:laugh Loved those questions Tom, where've they gone?

I would ask the Graham-Bobo question, but I'm far more interested in asking him about cricket TBH.

What tips would you give to any young budding fast bowler? What do you believe is the key to bowling genuinely quickly? Was there a single moment, or implementation of a technique that really helped you gain pace? Who are your cricketing heroes and inspirations?

And finally, you played some Grade Cricket in Sydney for Fairfield. A former member of our forum, Ben Ferguson also plays for that club, and thinks of himself as a bit of a player. Do you remember him? If so, was he as good as he claims on here? and was he as much of a knob as he acted around here?

Cheers.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Being a South African, why did you choose to go to England for your cricketing future?

Knowing him personally, he moved at an incredibly young age and would say the decision was most probably not affected by cricket.

I would ask the Graham-Bobo question, but I'm far more interested in asking him about cricket TBH.

Dont worry, i'll get it in at the end anyway ;)

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Who do you mostly base your game on?
Do you have any advice for any young fast bowlers like myself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread