Fable III

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Fable III​
Banner.jpg

Here I'm again with another RPG thread :p Yeah just love this genre and this year has been kind for it too. Witcher 2, Mass Effect 2(if you count dlcs which are released in this year :p) and now Fable 3. It is finally back on PC. It was stupid decision from microsoft to skip the Fable 2 from PC version and then releasing the Fable 3 directly. Because FAble 2 bridges the story between Fable 1 and Fable 3 but its just a background plot for Fable 3. Yet i'm still wondering while playing how our hero of Albion in Fable 1 died :eek:. IF someone can tell me then it would be cool.

After Playing the dark story of Witcher 2 i kinda like the fairytale kinda PG 13 story of Fable 3. It doesn't just throws you straight into action, it holds your hand for first few hours guiding you through games mechanics. Its learning curve is so nice that anyone can play this game. And even after playing this game for 6 hours, I'm discovering new things. Such as, i just found out that i can combine two spells into one. So i combined Fireball with IceStorm. Result? A Fireball with red and whitish glow hurls towards enemy, burn him on impact and a small cloud appears over his head which bombard him with Ice Shards. :clap This is just one combination. I've learned Fireball, IceStorm, Lightning Shock and Vortex spells. So you can combine them in various ways to get unique spells. Then there is this thing where you can buy house and property stuff and earn money from that( ala Assassin Creed Brotherhood). But my favorite way was to earn by playing the guitar near a tree. It starts a Guitar hero like minigame.
And its graphics are beautiful to say the least. They are not like Crysis but they are good. A pic from my recent quest.
[

Here is the spell which i was talking about earlier. Left click hurls the fire/iceball towards the enemy and holding the right click charge up and executes a area spell to hit multiple enemies.

Charging...

Still Charging...

Releasing...

Kabooommmmmmmm....

I can talk day in an out about the small things in Fable 3 which makes it great but thats for some other time. Does anyone else has it too? Glad to hear your views on the game...

Last edited:

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
For 2500 INR. You can get it from nextworld.in

----------

What i really liked about in Fable III is that the way you dress up your character actually matters. In other RPG's its mostly superficial and has no affect in the game except the combat. Here people would comment/behave according to your attire. For example people living in swamps would be intimated if oyu wear the prince cloths there and they wont talk to you. You gotta dress up as a commoner.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Just when i thought Fable III is getting too political and deviating form the Fablesque story, the story took a turn for good. I gotta say, Darkness Incarnate is the best mission in Fable III thus far. For a moment game turned into a horror game. The sound effects were awesome. Lets hope there are many more missions like that.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Finished the game and i gotta admit, in the end the story picked up pace and completely changed the whole nice fairytale kinda feel. It was intense but game was a bit too easy. Maybe after playing Witcher 2 i was instinctively avoiding the spells and attacks by constantly rolling over and then hitting them, thus is felt it easy. It was so easy for me that i played the game to the end on hard settings without even dieing once:eek: Still the game is loads of fun

Fable Series has a knack of putting funny references in the game. Here are some interesting ones from all 3 games.

FIFA World Cup Tribute

Written on a Tombstone in Mourningwood is: "Inny Esther, Reaches his Final Goal, Gave us a star, Will always be remembered" This is a reference to Barcelona and Spain's Andres Iniesta, who scored a goal in the FIFA World Cup Final 2010 to give Spain the Cup (Teams that win the FIFA World Cup receive a star above their logo).

The Terminator

In Mourningwood, there is a tombstone that reads: "Here lies Arnold. He won't be back." Clearly having to do with Arnold Schwarzenegger's famous one liner "I'll be back." Either paying tribute to The Terminator or Arnold.

Scooby Doo referenc

In Mourningwood, a grave near the statue in the middle of the cemetery has "and I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for that meddling hero" written on it. This refers to the famous line of a Scooby Doo villain, when they get caught at the end of every episode.

The Chronicles of Narnia

The description of the two-star rated Worn Closet bears a reference to C.S. Lewis’ The Chronicles of Narnia, “No, it’s not a secret portal to a wintry land. It’s just a shabby closet.”

Captain Dread’s Lord Of the Rings Map

A map of Middle Earth from J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Lord of the Rings can be found above the desk in Captain Dread's room within the Sinkhole .

Harry Potter Reference

When donating books to the Bowerstone school, and if the book selected is 'The Book of Spells' Mr. Gout will say "The book of spells? This isn't some potty school of wizards, you know!" an almost obvious reference to Harry Potter.

Captain J. Sparrow

Once again this captain's gravestone appears, in Bloodstone behind the wagon right near the ramp when you first enter the town, there is a hidden grave that says "Captain J. Sparrow: Oh where did it all go wrong?" A similar tombstone is found in Bowerstone Cemetery by an Expression Statue and where you had to shoot the orb. Again, this may be another reference to Pirates of the Caribbean.

Tribute to Russel Shaw

In Silverpines, in the cemetery, between two monk statues there is a gravestone that reads: "Russ Shaw. We hummed it. He played it."

Fable Reference

When checking the Ravenscar Keep armoury, the Hero may find a note on a table left by one of the prison guards, detailing the idea made by another guard to force the prisoners to strip down to their pants and run around the prison in a race. This is a reference to the Hero of Oakvale having to do so while incarcerated in Bargate Prison in Fable and Fable: TLC.

Aliens

Another tombstone in the Godwin Estate's pet cemetery reads: "Hudson. Game over, boy." This is a reference to the film Aliens and actor Bill Paxton's character "PFC Hudson", who is known for his famous line, "Game over, man! Game over!"

Stephen King

In the pet cemetery on the grounds of the Godwin Estate, there is a tombstone that reads: "Winston. You were supposed to come back to life. Did I get the wrong sematary?" This is a reference to the Stephen King novel Pet Sematary, the plot of which revolves around a Native American burial ground that has the power to bring anything interred within it back to life. The name "Winston" refers to the protagonist's pet cat, "Winston Churchill."

Watchmen

A make up design called "Inkblot" can be purchased from a stylist. Its design resembles Rorschach from "The Watchmen" comic book series.

Reference To The Carter Brothers

In Oakvale's memorial garden, there are two gravestones which read "S. Carter, gave his life that Albion might live." and the other "D. Carter, ever unconvinced there is life before death..." This is a clear reference to Simon and Dene Carter from the Lionhead team.

Graveyard messages

Several of the gravestones in Lychfield graveyard have messages on them which are references to other books and games, such as:

Brom: Lived as a Storyteller and Dragon rider. (Brom from the Eragon novels)

Brom: Here lies Brom, Lost his family and his life to Bandits (Possibly the Hero of Oakvale's father)

Gimli: Don't call him short. (The dwarf Gimli from The Lord of The Rings)

Captain J. Sparrow: The wind at your back forever, sir. (Reference to Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean)

Source:Easter Eggs - The Fable Wiki - Fable, Fable 2, Fable 3, and more

Users who are viewing this thread