Fabulous tournament

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
And I would just like to ask the people who said before it started that this tournament should not have been hosted here - do you still think the same? ;)

aditya123

National Board President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
And I would just like to ask the people who said before it started that this tournament should not have been hosted here - do you still think the same? ;)

A closer final would`ve been great. The 2007 edition was lucky to have a real classic final.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Can't say that I've watched any of it. Maybe an over or two here or there.

Same here.

Same, I seriously do'n't no care about 20/20, IPL, ICL? and all that rubbish. Bring on the real cricket, Ashes baby! WHOOO!

EDIT: And to those people who are going to say "Its cause your Aussie and they lost"...You are wrong, if you know me and my posts then you will know I hate 20/20 and 20/20 is a bore.

Yeah exactly. Besides, your doemstic team WA got into the final and you didn't fall in love with it. NSW won it and I didn't fall in love with it.

Feelin Blue? added 0 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

I think England was a great decision. Better atmosphere, better grounds and the conditions make for interesting games. It was a great idea. Would love to have seen the ODI world cup hosted there actually.

King Cricket

International Coach
^ Yup. I really didn't expect that type of a crowd response. Well, the English cricekt fans have proved me wrong again. :p

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Nah I expected it. Twenty20 was born and bred in England.

Twenty20 was born in Pakistan specially in Karachi as in Ramadan its very difficult to play with fasting so we used to play after iftar and that match has 20 overs offered to each side.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Twenty20 was born in Pakistan specially in Karachi as in Ramadan its very difficult to play with fasting so we used to play after iftar and that match has 20 overs offered to each side.
Twenty20 as a seperate format was invented here in England in 2002.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Twenty20 as an official format may have been invented in England, but Pakistanis have been playing it in the streets (and on cricket grounds) since the 80s and 90s.

Twenty20 is nothing new for any Pakistani; it has been around since the 80s.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Twenty20 as an official format may have been invented in England, but Pakistanis have been playing it in the streets (and on cricket grounds) since the 80s and 90s.

Twenty20 is nothing new for any Pakistani; it has been around since the 80s.
As it has been here, up until the age of 17 everyone plays t20 here.

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
To those who keep saying "I don't care about T20", just don't post because at first it was fine, but now we get the point that twenty20 isn't everyone's cup of tea. There's no need to bring it up in every single thread of twenty20.

As for the tournament, loved it! Getting home from school I managed to watch some great matches everyday. There were some magnificent innings such as Gayle's and Yuvraj's. It didn't matter that India and England didn't get further than they could have because the teams that got through still made it entertaining, and in the end the best team won.

khalek

Panel of Selectors
T20 might be rubbish but this title was something very prestigious and much needed for Pakistan but I don't think it's gonna help Pakistan to host matches anytime soon.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
T20 might be rubbish but this title was something very prestigious and much needed for Pakistan but I don't think it's gonna help Pakistan to host matches anytime soon.
Well first of all, T20's not rubbish. And Pakistan's win did do them a lot of good - they sealed the chance to play Australia here in England.

Users who are viewing this thread