Faces and commentary

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Great job on the world cup 2003 patch but all the faces and commentary are still the same as they were before I installed the patch. For example, with england, Jimmy Anderson looks like Ormond and his commentary is Ormond too. Are you going to be releasing this to match up with the world cup rosters? Also does the patch make the game harder cos the first time I played it I got trashed,
cheers,
Colin

The WCEXP doesnt update any faces except the full Canada team faces. Most probably I wont be doing any more faces or sound updates for the WC since I dont have the time. But if anyone sends in any they have made I'll be putting them up.

I have made some changes to the ball physics and generally tried to prevent too many slogs or you will get out.

The changes you have made seem to make all the spin bowlers bowl at 49mph (79kmh) every single ball (apart from maybe 1 faster one an over) Is there any way of changing this back?
cheers,
Colin

Hey is there anyway to update fastest ball speeds for Shoab and Brett Lee
I mean both have bowled balls 5km at least faster than what the game has them.

Except for no balls that is.

Thanks

Not too bothered about the faces, but you could at least have got simple things like skin colour right, in the Namibia team out of the 3 Burger brothers, one of them is black, the others are white! And the bowling styles don't seem to be correct, eg. James Anderson is obviously not a swing bowler who bowls at no more than 75 mph. There's the odd name error, eg. Statman in the Dutch team should be Statham. Other than that, and the absence of sound it's a great patch, although it would have been nice to have had a 14 team world cup.

Whats going to be in this expanded version?

There are always going to be such errors. They may be simple things but doing 14 teams with 20 odd players each with all of you breathing down my neck to release the patch + all the other more important stuff well... you do the math.

I have tried to do all the major teams.I did the English team before James became the "star" he is now and frankly I had never heard of the bloke before.

Anyway all this is easily correctable. Just download a player editor and change stuff to your hearts content

And send in your edited teams while your at it so others can enjoy your work too.

Is there a way of editing the .ctm files so that you don't lose any changes you've made when you restore teams. I know you can use player editor to edit the .tem file, but how do you change the .ctm files to update rosters and stats.
Colin

Use Lord Rippons editor . That edits each ctm file

Ad then use the Starting 11 editor to fix your lineup

Both are avail in the editors section

thanks

true 20 x 14 teams are a lot.

Surprsied the guys at Cricket Oceania have not changed team and got rid of Warnie, as he aint going to be playing cricket for awhile now!!

Users who are viewing this thread