Fantasy Soccer Game (rules and how to play)

Radaga

International Coach
Hi,
The soccer fantasy game is pretty much a manager game. You pick a squad of players, then from that squad you pick your starting line-up for your match. In your starting lne-up you also include three substitutions if you wish. You also put in your formations, strategies and kick takers. These all can be changend before each match.
Then all the teams play each other in a round robin format. They play each other 2 times and after all of the games are played, the teams will play off for positions in finals.

To play the soccer game first you have to think up of a team name and post your email.

Then you have to pick 20 international players. They will be your squad for the whole tournament so be carefull who you pick, you can't change them.

Then i will send you an email asking you to fill out the following information:
Formation (your formation has to stay the same for the whole game)
Offensive Tactic
Defensive Tactic
Starting 11 (keep in mind your formation, for example if it is 3-4-3 you write down the players in each line that play there. Like your first line would be forwds so you write 3 players on that line, then you would have 4 midfielders...ect..)
Substitutions (You must include the the player to come off, the player to come on and what time druing the game.)

The scoring works like this:
Win= 4 points
Draw= 2 points
Loss= 0 points
Bonus Point= 1 point.
and you have your percentage, which is goals for take away goals against.

To get a bonus point you must score 5 goals in the match.
(may sound like a lot but an average score in the game is 4.)

Anything your not sure off please ask.

how are we gonna play this? is there a website or a software?

Well it is on my computer, it uses the game: 2002 FIFA World Cup.
I have an editor for the game and i put your teams in there and they will play each other in that.
So you have to send your line-ups to me by email.
I will then post the scores and screenshots here.
All it is really is a manager type thing.

Last edited:
It will also have a website that you can check the scores and ladders on, and the scores and ladders will also be posted here.

If you would like to see how it works, the website is up now, but it is from my old tournament that i played with my friends. Only 6 people plaed it and it was only into the 3rd round.
But then we decided we would like it better if we played it here and maybe got some more people.

Here is the website: www.cricket.greatnow.com/frontpage.html

so what if participants select same players in their squad... and is this club level.. if so is it restricted to FA Premiership or Eurpean or any team? i'd like to know more bout this...

No it doesn't matter if people have the same players. I can just make clones of players.
It is not at club level, there are no restrictions!

Tim, this has nothing to do with the soccer game but if u want to make like a forum so you can talk about things like upcoming cricket test series or big soccer matches, do u go to "NEW THREAD" name the subject, and after that what would u do?

Originally posted by Duane21
Tim, this has nothing to do with the soccer game but if u want to make like a forum so you can talk about things like upcoming cricket test series or big soccer matches, do u go to "NEW THREAD" name the subject, and after that what would u do?
It has another bid space in the middle, just write what you want in there, then when your finished go down the page a bit and click supmit new thread, or submit reply.

Duane, should i get Tom to do this when we go back to school?
or shoudl i leave him out because he doens't know much about soccer anyway.

There has been a delay in the making of the teams, i am hoping to now have them done by next Sunday, sorry for the delay!

Users who are viewing this thread