Your Cricket fast or spin

kifty121

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
someone help me!
basicaly, whats happened is, im a 16, i play for the 4th and 3rd XI for my club, and i am undecided on what i want ot bowl.

i have the physical attributes of a fast bowler, im tall (around 6ft 1"/2"), i have long arms, and good upper body strength.
i have discovered that using the non bowling shoulder, i can bowl petty sharply, with little in the way of accuracy.

but i find i get incredible muscle pain after a fast bolwing spell.

but if i bowl spin, i cant turn a ball to save my life,

and the only option i see at the moment is to become sortof like michael yardy and bowl fast spin and choke the runs. :facepalm help

and the only option i see at the moment is to become sortof like michael yardy

This is more than enough to ruin yourselves . i would recommend you to continue with pace given your physical strength and height . Just a simple bowling action like Munaf Patel is advisable if you feel a lot of pain . Hit the deck hard given your physique . Easy :)

Run in gently if you're getting muscle pains when you bowl fast, and develop stamina and get used to your action. You'll get stronger and faster if you bowl enough. Don't go at 100% every time, but around 75-80. Helps with accuracy too.

Warning tho, life as a medium pacer isn't much fun. If you're pace isn't sufficient at that 75-80 level, then work on being able to bowl yorkers on demand general accuracy (like bowling outside off 6 balls in an over or wicket to wicket 6 balls in an over), so atleast you can keep runs down.

i find i get incredible muscle pain after a fast bolwing spell.

My advice is to keep on bowling pace, but to stretch thoroughly before each session- even just a muck about in the nets. If the pains keep reappearing- try changing your action to one which doesn't aggravate the wrong parts of your body.

Definitely try to perfect your warmup routine. Ideally, you will raise your heart rate, loosen your muscles and get yourself focused for the game all in a matter of minutes. Warming down at the end of play will also help with cramps and stiffness, though in the game of cricket you may find yourself "warming down" well before stumps. ;)

If you do pick up a strain, remember to RICE (or your equivalent acronym - there are a few variations now). If you can get those first 15-20 minutes of ice and compression as soon as it happens, it often stops the injury from becoming a "war wound".

If you're only getting sore the next day, that's what is called delayed onset muscle soreness; it happens because you've done some things your muscles aren't conditioned for. However, it's also a sign that your muscles are rebuilding and conditioning themselves. Getting active again is the best way to fight it off and similarly, keeping in a practice regimen is better than taking a week off; just try not to overdo it.

Users who are viewing this thread