Favourite variation of cricket

What is your favourite variation of cricket?

• Total voters

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just wondering what is you favourite variation of cricket is?

The options are:

-Indoor Cricket (With side nets etc.)
-Backyard Cricket (With a tennis ball on the street or in the garden)
-Beach Cricket (On a beach, normally with a tennis ball)
-French Cricket (Your legs are the wickets)
-Non-Stop Cricket (Normally what you play at schools)
-Bat-down Cricket (When you hit it, the fielder rolls the ball trying to hit your bat)

Indoor - Good, not as good as outdoor but.

Backyard - Good with the mates and family

Beach - Great in summer, the Poms won't know what this is

French - Do the French even know what cricket is? Easily the worst form

Non-Stop - You mean hit and run? Or that one where the bowler can bowl no matter if your guarding your stumps or not? Still fun but very tiring

Bat-down- wtf?

You don't know what bat down is?

It's when the batsmen after htting the ball puts his bat down on the ground and whoever picks the ball up must roll/throw it from where he/she picks the ball up from, played it a lot at Primary School.

Still don't get it. Are there wickets still?

So someone bowls it, your hit it, the fielder fields it and bowls from there?

Still don't get it. Are there wickets still?

So someone bowls it, your hit it, the fielder fields it and bowls from there?

Depends, some times the games played with wickets and sometimes it's not.

Pretty much this is how it goes:

-Bowler bowls it
-Batter hits it
-Fielder/Bowler picks up the ball after the batsmen has hit it and tries to hit the bat themselves, if they hit it they get to bat.

Indoor cricket my favorite (other then actual cricket)

if the ball hits the wall with no bounce then you are OUT. hit the lamp, 4. break the clock 6! fearsome tweak up the TV 100!! :p

backyard cricket, but honestly I dislike variations as I love to bowl off a run up and play shots behind square. Both of which are very limited in any variations from the real format.

So if you play the ball back to the bowler in bat down cricket, then all he has to do is roll it and hit your bat and you're out?

Sounds like a game I won't be playing anytime soon since I like to play straight..

Dead bat cricket :banana2

Indoor cricket... BY far my most favorite! If you catch the ball with one hand after one bounce, the batsman is out (if you use two hands, its not out). Miss the ball three times and you're out (we'd make sure that we somehow edged the ball). We would play in a very small room with a bowler, a batsman and 4 fielders surrounding to catch.

Is non-stop the one with 4 hats marked out at a distance in a diamond shape with a garbage bin in the middle which was the wicket and somebody had to throw the ball and the batsman hit it and had to run to the hat from which the ball came and when the ball was returned to a bowler it could go to either of the bowlers and the bowlers could throw it to any other bowler to catch the batsman off guard? That was a great game.

Backyard cricket or Gulli Cricket as we call it here. It's damn fun.

King Cricket added 0 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

So if you play the ball back to the bowler in bat down cricket, then all he has to do is roll it and hit your bat and you're out?

Sounds like a game I won't be playing anytime soon since I like to play straight..

Same here. Seesh! What a game!

You know how you avoid that? DON'T HIT IT BACK TO THE BOWLER.

Hit and run is great and is designed to give everybody a bat in a quick space of time. I miss playing hit and run in the school yard.

Users who are viewing this thread