Feedback on new demos

a10puddles

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well, I (as well as everyone else) waited another week for the new demos from ea sports to be posted. Maybe I'm the first one to download them tonight. I just happened to check the site and there they were. I downloaded both the OZ and NZ versions via a high-speed connection (almost two hours because of heavy traffic).

My impressions:

1) It was a complete waste of time!

2) The OZ demo has the Aussies batting in the 49th over needing something like 24 to win. It's a reachable goal but nothing new or exciting.

3) The NZ demo is worse yet. In the 49th over with only one out to go. I edged the first ball and it was caught. END OF DEMO. :angry:

4) They're both in the same location as the first demo.

5) The weather conditions haven't changed.

6) There's no commentary.

If someone can figure out what is different--besides the teams and players--it would be great to know.

Basically, unless you're a huge fan of OZ or NZ, there's no incentive to download either demo. The original demo still offers the most gameplay (unless you're going to crack the new ones) and personally, the time it takes for the game to finish and reload each time is not worth playing a demo where one bad stroke ends the game.

Sorry to carry on so long. Just thought I'd throw in my $.02.

Peace.
Puddles

varun05

Club Cricketer
hi puddles!
can u post the faces and kits files for nz and oz or send it to me at [email protected]

would really be thankfull to u since i hv got dialup connectio and don't want to download the full demo.
i will need the following folders
cricket 2002 demo datagfxfaces
........gfxuniforms
z or oz..
thx

A

Anonymous

Ahm, yah, in the first demo England bats(original demo)
in the second demo NZ bats
in the third demo I think Australia bats

Whats new with the demos? Well, it is refreshing to the eyes to be able to
1)bat as Australia rather that England because the batting and bowling squads wear different jerseys.
2)play as Nz against South Africa rather than England and Australia if you want a change of sceenery.

Lou Vincent

School Cricketer
I found the NZ v SA demo runs faster than the original on my slow Celeron 400,96MB RAM, TNT2. This is good - I hope the full version runs faster still.

Having NO remaining wickets is pathetic. A crack is needed!!

NZ v SA playing at Lords once again on a hard pitch once again on a hot day once again is pathetic. They are certainly insecure about giving away too much. Either that or extremely lazy.

Users who are viewing this thread