Few Suggestions for Don Bradman Cricket 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

francisjery

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hi Guys,

I got this game yesterday and this is really awesome. With it 360 batting control it will challenge you for your life to master the game ;). I played for a day and found few things that can be added :).

Few Suggestions

? Career mode ? Provide option for selecting a format of the game. Playing test matches will take a long time and we can provide an option to select the format of the game (if he only wants to concentrate in one day or T20 or Test or select multiple options)

? Fielders are always hitting the stumps. It feels a bit unrealistic. No fielder in the world can hit the stumps from outfield (even from the infield) 10 out of 10 times.

? Provide option to enable and disable for Pitch Marker. While bowling it is very difficult for few players to understand where are we going to pitch the ball. Same option can be provided to batting as well. Initially can get used to the play and later we can disable it if we want.

Few errors

? While running, after diving to the crease the batsman is taking the bat out of the crease while he gets up. This way he gets out as well. Batsman has to keep the bat inside the crease and get up after he dives in.

? Runner has to slide the bat immediately while we cancel a run. Currently the runner or batsman is holding the bat in his hands and running back into the crease. This is causing some run outs as well.

I played this game only for a day and got only these suggestions as of now. Will play more and try to give some more suggestions if I get any.

Let you know your thoughts about these points if added to the game

ethybubs

International Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
? Provide option to enable and disable for Pitch Marker. While bowling it is very difficult for few players to understand where are we going to pitch the ball. Same option can be provided to batting as well. Initially can get used to the play and later we can disable it if we want.

And we should only have to take five wickets to bowl them out as well. :)

zombieian

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360

The whole idea of the method of bowling in DB is to do away with the pitch marker.
This would be a backward step.

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
you can just simulate to when your career player is batting or bowling... So test matches wouldn't take that long... There will never be a pitch marker as people would premeditate their shots and that's not what the devs want you to do. Play ball every ball on it's merits. There are plenty of aids in the lower difficulties for starting off.

francisjery

International Coach
Thank you guys. I retake my views about the suggestion. But what about my points on errors.

zombieian

International Coach
Thank you guys. I retake my views about the suggestion. But what about my points on errors.

I think a few people have made similar comments.
That's all I can say until next week, when hopefully, I will have played the game.:thumbs

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
And we should only have to take five wickets to bowl them out as well. :)

The good thing about this game, is that we set the game up to do this if we wish. You could have 8 ball overs, 6 man teams and two innings of six overs, if you're someone who's into that sort of thing!

A pitchmarker is too out there; though.

francisjery

International Coach
@IceAgeComing. I only saw Five5 over match in casuals tab. Can you help me on how to create matches like you said 6 overs two innings and 6 man team and all that

silentwitness

School Cricketer
There will never be a pitch marker as people would premeditate their shots and that's not what the devs want you to do. Play ball every ball on it's merits. There are plenty of aids in the lower difficulties for starting off.

Yes but when you play career mode you cant play on a lower difficulty i find it very very hard to bat, im not saying have a pitch marker all im saying is there should be a fielding radar in the game so i can at least tell where the fielders are so i can play a shot accordingly all i do now is premeditate a leg side flick as thats the only shot the guy will play, u cant play straight cause more often that not it going to be out caught even though i played a ground shot.

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Yes but when you play career mode you cant play on a lower difficulty i find it very very hard to bat, im not saying have a pitch marker all im saying is there should be a fielding radar in the game so i can at least tell where the fielders are so i can play a shot accordingly all i do now is premeditate a leg side flick as thats the only shot the guy will play, u cant play straight cause more often that not it going to be out caught even though i played a ground shot.

If you seen in maybe this tread or another ross put up pics of what they are thinking of doing regarding showing the field.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
@IceAgeComing. I only saw Five5 over match in casuals tab. Can you help me on how to create matches like you said 6 overs two innings and 6 man team and all that

It was from poking around in the match type creator that I found that sort of stuff. I might be recalling things wrongly; but multi innings + limited overs options were definitely there and I can remember that single wicket matches were possible, so it should all be there!

silentwitness

School Cricketer
If you seen in maybe this tread or another ross put up pics of what they are thinking of doing regarding showing the field.

i saw the link for the fielding but im not that exited would prefer a radar its just simpler and those who dont want it can turn it off you are not forcing it on anyone.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
i saw the link for the fielding but im not that exited would prefer a radar its just simpler and those who dont want it can turn it off you are not forcing it on anyone.

There. Is. No. Radar.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
@BigAntStudios Fancy allowing me the tools to create meself a nice English domestic structure. Quite fancy it, and if you don't do it. And put in a pitch map and radar i'm selling my copy (when I get it) and buying 5000 illegal copies of Ashes Cricket and i'll send them your way. Oh and i'll make you a mud cake. And give you a 5/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread