Field editor for C2k5

FishBowlMan

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Fed up with the idiotic default fields the Computer uses? Well now you can create your own idiotic fields to use instead!

This editor allows you to alter every field provided with the game, both test and 1-day.

You can also export your completed field, and import it as another field to save manually editing.

Each field is verified to ensure fielders are within the boundary rope, and that it follows the rules of cricket.

The download contains a readme.txt file explaining installation and how to use the editor. Please read it :)

Please post any questions or problems in this thread and I will do my best to answer them.

Thanks to Eddie, Jonah and the members of the planetcricket staff and patch team for help, suggestions and testing. Cheers guys!

Enjoy,

John.

Attachments

• test-zoom.jpg
    test-zoom.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 475
  • 1-day.jpg
    1-day.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 468
  • Field Editor - Version 1_1.zip
    262.5 KB · Views: 2,126

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
Sorry for this stupid question, but there is a field editor in the game itself. So is this patch only useful for editing fields the computer uses.

FishBowlMan

Club Cricketer
Adarsh said:
Sorry for this stupid question, but there is a field editor in the game itself. So is this patch only useful for editing fields the computer uses.
Both really. The in-game custom editor has fixed positions for fielders. This one enables you to put players anywhere you want them, not just the default co-ordinates. You've also now got the ability to have more fields at your disposal - ones you edit, and the in-game custom ones.

And as you say, the fields you edit with my editor will be available for the computer as well. I used to get annoyed by being able to score easily in a test match as no mid-on was selected. Now I've edited my fields to have a mid on present for the computer as well.

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
FishBowlMan said:
Both really. The in-game custom editor has fixed positions for fielders. This one enables you to put players anywhere you want them, not just the default co-ordinates. You've also now got the ability to have more fields at your disposal - ones you edit, and the in-game custom ones.

And as you say, the fields you edit with my editor will be available for the computer as well. I used to get annoyed by being able to score easily in a test match as no mid-on was selected. Now I've edited my fields to have a mid on present for the computer as well.
But isn't the ball MEANT to go to the default field set ups? What I mean is, if we put the fielders in different coordinates apart from the default ones, would they still get catches?

bharat

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
if the ball goes to them they will catch it.

FishBowlMan

Club Cricketer
Adarsh said:
But isn't the ball MEANT to go to the default field set ups? What I mean is, if we put the fielders in different coordinates apart from the default ones, would they still get catches?
Absolutely. It is just their starting position. They will move from there once the ball path has been determined.

Each shot has a "random" modifier anyway - taking the ball wider or narrower than the exact line of the shot. With some people's AI patches, the range of a shot can vary quite a lot - just like real cricket - the ball doesn't travel the same path every time you play a certain shot.

One thing I have noticed while working on the editor. If you look at the .bmp for the zoom screens, I have drawn in some black rectangles as guides for close fielders. If you open several default fields, you will notice that some fielders occupy the exact same positions, and some are slightly to one side, so even the original fields do not necessarily stick to exact coordinates.

jeromedascorp

Club Cricketer
FishBowlMan said:
Fed up with the idiotic default fields the Computer uses? Well now you can create your own idiotic fields to use instead!

:laugh
Funny way to introduce it but great job!! Now I can finally play with fields that I want for Bhajji and Kumble.

Nice work. Whole buncha editors coming. Just the player editor remaining. Hope sum1 will figure it soon!!

Users who are viewing this thread