Field settings for ICC 2013

c7lewis

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Has anyone got any ideas for helping me set more usefull field settings for International Cricket Captain 2013?

I'll post screenshot of mine when I get home.

For one day matches it's important to set the correct deep men. Middle stump line use 3rd man, deep square leg, deep mid wicket, and deep cover (sweeper). Outside off use 3rd man, deep point, deep cover, and straight long off. Offside line keep a short cover to save 1. Middle and leg line use either short leg or short midwicket to save 1. Very useful fielders against new batsmen because they will defend a few balls and easy to get dot balls with the short extra cover/short mid wicket fielders.

Batsmen are stronger square of the wicket, so usually don't need long on/long off. Deep square leg and 3rd man are very important just like real cricket.

Most important catching positions (most catches go there) in order are
1st slip
2nd slip
short leg
3rd slip
gully

I use short leg against middle or leg stump line, very important position in tests.

These are my test match fields for fast and medium pace bowlers. The default fields are not bad for FC/tests but you can improve bowling average a few points with smart field placings.

See the screenshots https://picasaweb.google.com/isurae/ICCFields

Legside fields. They work best with short pitched bowling at the body but in general good against weak leg side players and to control runs.

Standard middle stump fields. Square leg and mid wicket give good run protection on the leg side.

Offside line fields. Meant to dry up runs and force mistake. Need the slips in there for the catch and enough boundary protection. The short cover will save many singles.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread